Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

After Four Failed Machines it is Clear - RESMED SUCKS
RE: After Four Failed Machines it is Clear - RESMED SUCKS
this whole thing don't pass the smell test. it's like there's alot of important info missing.
First Diagnosed July 1990

MSgt (E-7) USAF (Medic)
Retired 1968-1990
Post Reply Post Reply
I dunno, I get the impression there's someone that wants to complain and blame one thing that's unrelated when there's another aspect that's actually to blame. In this case, complain about how bad ResMed is, but your machine is a few generations old, likely was in end of life already, but it's a bad ResMed. Repeat this old end of life machine but ResMed makes bad machines. But the ones you complain about have probably lasted years. Instead of complaining, get your fat butt off the couch and get the ball rolling to get a new machine before the old faithful end of life unit dies.

OR

this guy is a Respironics fanboy trying to make Philips look good by irrationally blaming ResMed for making machines so bad they last several years and can endure lots of hours but they eventually get old and die, so it's certain ResMed is junk.

I guess it must be true, but at least they don't include the special carcinogefoam.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-18-2020, 05:03 PM)Phaleronic Wrote: That's interesting, I see quite a few people on here saying that Phillips Dreamstation machines don't provide the same level of therapy as ResMed machines, but I have been very happy with my Dreamstations, my first machine had 15 thousand hours on it without any issues before I sold it.

Exactly my experience, always got better results with my 2 System one's, both the straight Cpap and the auto.

Went and bought a Resmed S9 because I kept reading on here that they were the superior machine but  not so in my experience consistently had AHI's under 1.0 on the System One Auto yet never got under 2.0 AHI on the S9 Autoset and often over 3.0 AHI which has now become my back up machine to the Resmed S10 Auto I bought several months ago because of the recall.
Again on the Resmed S10 rarely coming in under 2.0 AHI mostly in the 2.5 to 3.5 AHI.

As soon as Philips either replace or refurbish my System One that only had a little over 2,000 hours on it at the time the S10 will be consigned to my back up I think.

All bar the System One straight Cpap which was purchased locally in Australia all were acquired from Supplier #2 as gently used units, the most recent purchase had only 80 hours on the clock. I will say neither the Resmed or Respironics units have given me any functional problems whatsoever and my first machine the Respironics straight Cpap has 12,000 hours on the clock when I replaced it. Still have it in storage and got it out and ran it for a night a while back and it still works as good as the day I bought it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Have you ever posted to let us see if we could help with that number?  Just putting it at the Rx the dr. gave you with one night study in a strange room hooked up to wires is not the same as being treated in your own bed during a regular night.  Most here have gotten help here that has lowered our numbers by a lot.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
All I might add, is...Last night Mizz C scored her first zero with her new ResMed AS-10.... a  .9, but a zero nevertheless.

We are both very happy with both the ease of setting it up, and the therapy she has been getting from it, from day one.

The Philips DS was also a good unit, it kept her in the low numbers consistently, but was not that easy to get dialed in... We are both worried about the possibility of the serious damage it may have cost her in the future.  And I have  to carry that weight.  I chose the DS because the ResMed was quite a bit more expensive for a similar unit, and we are paying out of pocket for every new unit we have bought over time.  Thankfully the Res-10 finally reached a point where we could afford one... still pricey but not out of reach.  

I'd still be using the DS, had they not inserted a time-bomb in there, and then kept it very quiet for way too long. 

Whatever the OP thinks of ResMed, is his choice and opinion, but I personally give them an A+++ for what they have built into our AS-10.  It's a keeper.

FLc
If It Weren't For 'Flashbacks', I'd Have No Memory At All
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Clear airway / central apnea events -- causes and solutions? mitzvahtime 6 2,395 03-25-2024, 04:10 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  csa machines cexer 1 73 03-20-2024, 01:43 PM
Last Post: cexer
  First Day with S9 AutoSet - Many Clear Airway in the morning liuzilong 6 118 03-18-2024, 09:25 PM
Last Post: liuzilong
  Recently started CPAP -- very high proportion of Clear Airway Events matt2 0 116 03-17-2024, 02:48 PM
Last Post: matt2
  Clear airway Bullabill 3 233 03-12-2024, 02:40 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Why does my clear airway events keep increasing? deirdrepen 3 266 03-12-2024, 02:37 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  [Treatment] Struggling to reduce Clear Airway events codebread 6 897 02-23-2024, 09:15 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.