Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Advise a New Guy [on high pressure readings]
RE: Advise a New Guy [on high pressure readings]
(10-15-2017, 09:43 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Ramp has no therapeutic value for centrals. It is there to ease the transition to sleep providing a more consistent, low pressure until you are asleep. Transitional centrals would be treated by ASV.  It's hard to know whether the treatment or centrals would be more disruptive, but I normally coach users not to use ramp.

That includes me. One of the first tweaks you suggested when I got the ASV was turn off Ramp. I'm fine, in fact, better off without it. Twas messing with me.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry, Oldtimers kicked in earlier today. Got that Echo copy for my ASV. My LVEF is = or greater than 55%.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-16-2017, 11:40 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: Sorry, Oldtimers kicked in earlier today. Got that Echo copy for my ASV. My LVEF is = or greater than 55%.

That's great!  Would explain "why" BIG BROTHER ALLOWED you to get an ASV.  Really appreciate you sharing that. Okay
Post Reply Post Reply
No problem. Please note this echo was done this past May. I had a mild heart attack on 10/08/17. These two events are not related whatsoever. The echo results were done at local hospital with cardiac doctor practicing out of same hospital doing write-up for said echo. Neither he nor my cardiac doctor gave a RED flag on getting the ASV.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-17-2017, 10:00 AM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: I had a mild heart attack on 10/08/17. These two events are not related whatsoever.

Lost me here [These two events?]  Please 'splain Unsure
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-17-2017, 10:12 AM)zzzZorro Wrote:
(10-17-2017, 10:00 AM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: I had a mild heart attack on 10/08/17. These two events are not related whatsoever.

Lost me here [These two events?]  Please 'splain Unsure

Event 1 being Echo test, event 2 last week's mild heart attack.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Phillips Dreamstation 2 High Disconnects mrsleepyhead2001 2 128 03-22-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: mrsleepyhead2001
  [Pressure] ASV pressure too high. Please Help Mosleepy 27 710 03-21-2024, 10:13 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Oscar Charts: Interrupted sleep with high heart rate xaid 1 109 03-19-2024, 08:15 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Recently started CPAP -- very high proportion of Clear Airway Events matt2 0 121 03-17-2024, 02:48 PM
Last Post: matt2
  COSA, hypoxemia, AFIB, high BP, polycythemia, and CBTI? Motorheadrulz 45 4,435 03-16-2024, 11:21 AM
Last Post: Motorheadrulz
  First Night Looking for advise wjg1 4 181 03-12-2024, 06:34 PM
Last Post: DancesWithCats
  Stumbled into amazing fix for my high ahi Lanners 2 218 03-09-2024, 11:15 AM
Last Post: kkjacks

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.