Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Advise a New Guy [on high pressure readings]
Advise a New Guy [on high pressure readings]
In a nutshell; I'm new here and have found lots of help on forums for various topics.  So will give Apnea Board Forum a shot..

I have AHI's averaging 25-40.  Got into the CPAP thing after dealing with Nocturia for a couple years and beginning to feel really wrung-out.
Fortuitously, I obtained a new ResMed S-9 Auto and decided in desperation to read all I can and put it to use WHILE WAITING for the time consuming process of going to a Sleep Study and again waiting on a prescription for an auto-CPAP.  Have been using the S-9 about a week now and beginning to adjust to wearing it.  Got to almost 7 hours last night with a 2 hour break in the middle.  
Instantly had the number of P-breaks dramatically reduced.. believe me, that alone has been worth all the effort Too-funny 

Can anyone advise me as to 'why' the high end pressure always rattles along the top of the pressure graph?  It would seem to me that the registered pressure should at some point rattle along a bit below the max-top of the graph.  I say this as I began at 15 CPAP and have worked along to (5)/ 20 APAP.  All of them rattle along the graph line indicating the unit is operating at what it is supposed to, but I understand 20 is the high-end setting of this unit. So, I would conclude that I either need 20 (or more) OR I use ALL that is is available?

Last night: Pressure MIN-5  MED-19.36  95%- 20.00  MAX- 20.00 [AHI 24.82 -best yet]

Going to try tonight setting it at 7-18 APAP, EPR level- 2 and give that a whirl.

Any thoughts appreciated. Thanks

[attachment=3859]
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Advise a New Guy
You may need a Bipap or VAUTO machine. (same thing) It would help if you posted more information from sleepyhead.

Check out the links below.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
(09-22-2017, 07:40 PM)Walla Walla Wrote: You may need a Bipap or VAUTO machine. (same thing) It would help if you posted more information from sleepyhead.

Check out the links below.

Tried to attached the graph originally but was told I exceeded my limit with the pie chart originally attached.
Now I have deleted it to see if it would let me attached the larger graph and it now tells me:
SORRY BUT YOU CANNOT ATTACH THIS FILE BECAUSE YOU HAVE REACHED YOUR ATTACHMENT QUOTA OF 200 KB.
So now neither are attached.  Be glad to share the information if I were allowed Huh
Post Reply Post Reply
After 5 posts you'll be able to put up more. 3 more posts to go.
Download SleepyHead
Posting Charts
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Use Imgur to post data. Use the link in Walla Walla's post for organizing data and posting it using Imgur. Since you don't have four post yet you can put the ling with an extra space in it and we will be able to look at your data.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Assuming your events are predominately obstructive, there are a couple different ways to deal with that high pressure. One is to get a machine that provides up to 25 cm pressure such as the Resmed Aircurve 10 VAuto or S9 VPAP Auto. It's possible you could use a soft cervical collar to keep your head and neck aligned and avoid the physical obstruction common with tucking your chin to your chest and other positions that greatly increase obstruction. Soft cervical collars only cost 10-$20 and you are looking for a loose fit, 2-inches greater than your neck circumference and an inch or two shorter than chin to bottom of neck. You would be amazed at how many people this works for.

You will be able to post images once you convert to Member at 4 to 5 posts, or just host the image on Imgur, and put a space in the URL. Instructions for posting an image are in the first two linksin my signature.

If you are near the top of the pressure range of your auto machine, it may help to increase the minimum pressure into the double digits, like 11-12 to get a head start. It's kind of pointless to start at 5 cm if you need nearly 20. I think you should try the soft cervical collar and see if it makes a difference.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
"You will be able to post images once you convert to Member at 4 to 5 posts, or just host the image on Imgur, and put a space in the URL."
At the risk of sounding stupid, Explain putting a space in the URL [where how??]
Thinking-about

Post Reply Post Reply
(09-22-2017, 08:15 PM)Melman Wrote: Use Imgur to post data. Use the link in Walla Walla's post for organizing data and posting it using Imgur. Since you don't have four post yet you can put the ling with an extra space in it and we will be able to look at your data.

Got the IMGUR post/URL  [question above]

(09-22-2017, 08:11 PM)Walla Walla Wrote: After 5 posts you'll be able to put up more. 3 more posts to go.

Working on it...Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
SleepyHead Chart

OK! Looks like it 'took'!
I have a Neck Brace (horse collar) will give it a try tonight.
Thanks All, Much Appreciated
Post Reply Post Reply
Could you arrange the flow charts on sleepyhead like shown on the link I have below?  Also you need to turn on your event flags at the bottom of flow chart page. Right now it's just showing CA's.

Thanks!
Download SleepyHead
Posting Charts
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Phillips Dreamstation 2 High Disconnects mrsleepyhead2001 2 124 03-22-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: mrsleepyhead2001
  [Pressure] ASV pressure too high. Please Help Mosleepy 27 688 03-21-2024, 10:13 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Oscar Charts: Interrupted sleep with high heart rate xaid 1 102 03-19-2024, 08:15 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Recently started CPAP -- very high proportion of Clear Airway Events matt2 0 116 03-17-2024, 02:48 PM
Last Post: matt2
  COSA, hypoxemia, AFIB, high BP, polycythemia, and CBTI? Motorheadrulz 45 4,412 03-16-2024, 11:21 AM
Last Post: Motorheadrulz
  First Night Looking for advise wjg1 4 174 03-12-2024, 06:34 PM
Last Post: DancesWithCats
  Stumbled into amazing fix for my high ahi Lanners 2 212 03-09-2024, 11:15 AM
Last Post: kkjacks

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.