Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Advise a New Guy [on high pressure readings]
RE: Advise a New Guy [on high pressure readings]
The reason I asked about Echo is it is a prerequisite for ASV. If you look at the closeups of the apnea, there is what appears to be an open airway with small flow limited breaths. I remain confused that it is flagged OA. Of course without a chest strap to measure effort the label is a best guess based on the machine algorithm. Glad to hear you're getting a sleep test. It wouldn't hurt to ask for it to be a 2-part test with diagnostics and evaluation of CPAP in the same session. I'll look forward to hearing what the pros say about untreated sleep, and of course what they find when they put you on positive pressure.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-25-2017, 01:33 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: The reason I asked about Echo is it is a prerequisite for ASV.  If you look at the closeups of the apnea, there is what appears to be an open airway with small flow limited breaths.  I remain confused that it is flagged OA.  Of course without a chest strap to measure effort the label is a best guess based on the machine algorithm. Glad to hear you're getting a sleep test.  It wouldn't hurt to ask for it to be a 2-part test with diagnostics and evaluation of CPAP in the same session. I'll look forward to hearing what the pros say about untreated sleep, and of course what they find when they put you on positive pressure.

Friday, September 29, 2017.  I was on stand-by for the Sleep Study and was called in last night.  The Sleep Tech was not allowed to discuss many particulars upon departing, but did say the following to being asked if there were Central Apneas? She said, "a whole lot".  Then added she ran through everything and found that it was going to take at least a Bi-PAP, which she got to manage the problems, and quite possibly a VPAP.  But that was up to the Doctor and it would take at least 10 days for him to get around to reading the report.. In the meantime, "suggest- stop using the CPAP as it was exacerbating the CA events".  If a VPAP is prescribed it will take another sleep-over to get necessary data set up for it;  I can hardly wait as it was a very restless adventure in a noisy environment even though Tech was most pleasant.  Wait times on all the back-and-forth appointments is pathetic; especially when I can recall when Doctors made house calls!
Would appear Sleeprider that you were right-on in your thoughts.  Thanks again Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
BiPAP (Respironics) and VPAP (Resmed) are the same thing, and are proprietary terms for a device with inhale and exhale pressure. You need a bilevel with backup rate, and preferably something with intelligent pressure support...ASV. When you finally talk to the doctor, let him know that simple bilevel isn't going to cut it. Get a titration for ASV or he is wasting both of your time.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-30-2017, 12:34 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: BiPAP (Respironics) and VPAP (Resmed) are the same thing, and are proprietary terms for a device with inhale and exhale pressure.  You need a bilevel with backup rate, and preferably something with intelligent pressure support...ASV.  When you finally talk to the doctor, let him know that simple bilevel isn't going to cut it.  Get a titration for ASV or he is wasting both of your time.

Mis-spoke.  She said ASV not VPAP Oh-jeez Confusing when I have never seen a Bi-PAP or a ASV.  Guess I'll be a learnin'
Post Reply Post Reply
Cool, no problem. I get a bit too far into the vernacular sometimes.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Got a CMS-50D+ to check SP02 while waiting for the medical wheels of progress to move forward.  Have been tinkering with getting the recording oximeter to upload data.  Managed to get the data from last night (Oct 4) onto SleepyHead in a blank Sept 27 field (??).  Not able to try to integrate to a CPAP upload as I was told to stop using the APAP until the Doctor wrote a prescription.
Anyway, I thought the [misplaced] 02 graph was 'thrilling'; even though I cannot interpret it -the horizontal breaks in the PULSE seem odd, and about an hour and ten minutes into sleep it gets 'whacky'..
CMS-50D+ chart
Post Reply Post Reply
Hmm

Be interesting to tie the data up with the correct date (see my reply to your other post) but if the thing was not moving off of your finger you heart rate was jumping arround all over the place and o2 says dropping well below the 90% would be interesting to see if there is associated apnea events

Jason
Post Reply Post Reply
Your O2 is fine. That bit at the end was either a loose connection caused by movement or just a blip in recording. You wouldn't be here typing right now if that had been real.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Big Grinnie
(10-07-2017, 01:06 PM)Walla Walla Wrote: Your O2 is fine. That bit at the end was either a loose connection caused by movement or just a blip in recording. You wouldn't be here typing right now if that had been real.

Big Grinnie
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-30-2017, 12:34 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: BiPAP (Respironics) and VPAP (Resmed) are the same thing, and are proprietary terms for a device with inhale and exhale pressure.  You need a bilevel with backup rate, and preferably something with intelligent pressure support...ASV.  When you finally talk to the doctor, let him know that simple bilevel isn't going to cut it.  Get a titration for ASV or he is wasting both of your time.

Scheduled for another sleep-over Friday with a Bi-Level ST [going to request AirCurve10 ST if not ResMed].  My Echo EjectionRate is 40-45 so I was told the ASV is ruled out and the BI-Level ST is the best we can do.  Apparently the brief test with ST on the first sleep-over showed it to manage the Centrals.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Phillips Dreamstation 2 High Disconnects mrsleepyhead2001 2 128 03-22-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: mrsleepyhead2001
  [Pressure] ASV pressure too high. Please Help Mosleepy 27 702 03-21-2024, 10:13 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Oscar Charts: Interrupted sleep with high heart rate xaid 1 108 03-19-2024, 08:15 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Recently started CPAP -- very high proportion of Clear Airway Events matt2 0 119 03-17-2024, 02:48 PM
Last Post: matt2
  COSA, hypoxemia, AFIB, high BP, polycythemia, and CBTI? Motorheadrulz 45 4,433 03-16-2024, 11:21 AM
Last Post: Motorheadrulz
  First Night Looking for advise wjg1 4 180 03-12-2024, 06:34 PM
Last Post: DancesWithCats
  Stumbled into amazing fix for my high ahi Lanners 2 214 03-09-2024, 11:15 AM
Last Post: kkjacks

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.