Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

What would you recommend I change my CPAP settings to? Included my charts
What would you recommend I change my CPAP settings to? Included my charts
On Sep 6th I switched from Resmed P10 to Dreamwear Nasal Mask 

Included several days from before Sep 6th and after it

Are my settings optimal? I had a sleep study done and a DME gave me the machine with these settings

https://imgur.com/a/dTwm6
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: What would you recommend I change my CPAP settings to? Included my charts
Looks good to me.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to the forum.

Your numbers are excellent!!!  Rarely do we see DME settings so optimal.

The question now is how do you feel?
Are you having any issues with your machine?

The only thing I see, and I would not change anything unless you are having issues, is your min pressure is 4 cmH2O and many people have issues with that low of a pressure.  
In any event your numbers are excellent, ONLY MAKE SMALL CHANGES if you choose to make any.

Fred
Post Reply Post Reply
Your change to the P10 coincided with a significant improvement in leaks and AHI. With settings of 4-14 I'm not going to give any credit to a provider or doctor since that is a very wide range. Although it has been very effective, I think you'd do even better with a range of 6-10. Most of your events appear to be simple sleep disturbances or movement resulting the the recording of a CA. There is not any pattern that suggests any changes are necessary, other than the minimum pressure of 4.0 is very low. I don't know that I have ever seen a nearly total absence of OA with pressures this low as you have shown in these charts.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-14-2017, 06:27 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Your change to the P10 coincided with a significant improvement in leaks and AHI.   With settings of 4-14 I'm not going to give any credit to a provider or doctor since that is a very wide range.  Although it has been very effective, I think you'd do even better with a range of 6-10.  Most of your events appear to be simple sleep disturbances or movement resulting the the recording of a CA.  There is not any pattern that suggests any changes are necessary, other than the minimum pressure of 4.0 is very low.  I don't know that I have ever seen a nearly total absence of OA with pressures this low as you have shown in these charts.

I changed to the dreamwear, not to the p10 

I started with p10

Then adopted dreamwear 

I have seen 0.0 AHI in a couple days in the past 3 months, but it is very rare...

I think 6-10 is a okay range, but some days I have a higher average around 11 or 12
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm not having any issues except for 2:

1. A lot of flatulation when waking up

2. There is a noise in the machine somewhere or in the hose / mask when I exhale, clicking sound. It wakes me up at 3am. I've been wearing ear plugs because of it...
Post Reply Post Reply
My only suggestion would be to lower the max pressure and increase the lower. Perhaps 6-11 since you hit that once or twice. Should you top it out too often, you can increase it. Narrowing the gap between the two numbers may help you with the gas.

To also help with the gas, raise the head of your bed slightly. May not take much.

Other than that, you don't need to adjust the pressure to make the AHI better. Just to make it easier on the machine to react faster and to maybe help with the gas.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Tried 6-11 overnight, 0.2 ahi ! That's quite an improvement, and I feel sooo awake this morning. Also less flatulation. Going to try it for a week and see where my ahi stands, whether it's steady 0.2 all week or not

Only thing is I woke up at 5am, but I think that's because of light coming through my window. Not sure, will try getting room darkening curtains.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Help - Mask change causing fatigue? coffee9724 0 21 49 minutes ago
Last Post: coffee9724
  Airsense 11 Time Zone Change ScottZZZ 60 17,432 03-26-2024, 11:56 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  Help Interpreting Charts to ID Potential Palatal Prolapse - Deep Sleep Issue reedro287 5 102 03-26-2024, 08:39 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  [CPAP] Prisma 20A - Change of machine and regression elliott.981. 17 1,711 03-21-2024, 10:25 AM
Last Post: Macka
  Oscar Charts: Interrupted sleep with high heart rate xaid 1 108 03-19-2024, 08:15 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  15-minute periods of massive events (OSCAR pics included) nicholasb600 2 178 03-14-2024, 09:42 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
Question [Treatment] help with oscar and CPAP settings SeanOZ 3 225 03-05-2024, 05:11 AM
Last Post: SeanOZ

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.