Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Advise for a Novice w Settings
Advise for a Novice w Settings
hi all, 

been waking up super tiered, even though my AHI is low 

any advise how I can make some positive adjustments? 

[Image: vnDiNLol.png?1]

[Image: P2t3taNl.png?2]

[Image: 4Ucm3cZl.png?1]

[Image: 7yjpjAFl.png?1]
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Advise for a Novice w Settings
At 9-14 you took a long time to reach the minimum pressure and it appears you had a number of clear airway events when pressure was in the 9-12 range. With fixed pressure at 9.0, you had some CA and H events. None of your results are alarming, so assuming your problem is obstructive apnea, the therapy is working, and most of these artifacts will probably disappear with time. Based on what I'm seeing here, a setting of 6-10 might be better, but the pressure statistics don't match up with the charts.

Why does your profile show the use of an Aircurve 10 VAuto bilevel, and all of these screenshots are Airsense 10 Autoset? The charts show a single pressure, but you seem to be using EPR at 2 based on the IPAP/EPAP statistics. I'm a bit confused by the contradictory charts, pressures and profile. If you are using an older version of Sleephead, please update to the current version at #Sleepyhead.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I went back to the autosence 10
Post Reply Post Reply
WE have recently seen older versions of SleepyHead not showing both IPAP and EPAP pressures so please upgrade you SleepyHead to the newest version.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you been on pap since August . It has not been that long. Most of us to 3 to 6 months sometimes longer to feel improvements. Have patience it gets better.
Post Reply Post Reply
There is more to feeling rested than just using our CPAPs. If you have not been using it for very long (less than 6 mos), it may just be you are one of those that it is going to take longer. Our brains like normalcy, even if the "normal" it is setting isn't right. It takes a while for it to understand this new normal you are trying to force it into. So you have to give your brain time to adjust.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First Night Looking for advise wjg1 4 178 03-12-2024, 06:34 PM
Last Post: DancesWithCats
  CPAP Data advise DaCronic072 1 291 01-02-2024, 05:14 AM
Last Post: DaCronic072
  Advise requested: Should I LOWER my pressure? Aknakon 21 1,134 12-22-2023, 08:25 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New CPAP user here. Ready to learn. Please advise how I can improve! Sleepyman12 4 501 12-13-2023, 05:51 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  VAUTO Settings vs. CPAP Settings MrIvanDrago 9 828 11-18-2023, 10:29 AM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
Sad [Treatment] Need help/advise after changing BiPAP Machine dnar82 6 712 09-29-2023, 06:59 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Question [Treatment] Request for Advise on my new ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto BiLevel ExXGZmpK 25 2,950 06-09-2023, 10:50 PM
Last Post: ExXGZmpK

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.