Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Advise on AHI numbers
Advise on AHI numbers
Hello everyone. I've been a hosehead for 10 years now and new to this board. So anyway just started using the app sleep mapper. It shows 18 for the apnea events. My question is that this number being displayed, does it mean I'm averaging 18 per hour or having 18 for the whole night?
Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Advise on AHI numbers
Welcome to the board from another newbie here. Smile 

I'm not sure about the app you mentioned, but SleepyHead software (and it seems like you have it already) will give you very detailed reports.

Normally number of events per hour would be you total AHI (apnea hypopnea index) number. SleepyHead will show you this (most important) number in the report, as well as the total number of events, broken down to different types of apnea.

Hope this helps
Post Reply Post Reply
Its per hour.
At the top of the page is a link where you may be able to get the setup manual for your machine, plus a link to the SleepyHead software which will let your see your data in detail. With screenshots from SleepyHead stored at an online service such as Imgur or Google drive, you can post links (after a minimum of 4 posts) to get feedback from members here.

Note: I'm an epidemiologist, not a medical provider. 
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Gasman1972,
WELCOME! to the forum.!

Good luck to you as you continue your CPAP therapy, hang in there for more responses to your post.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks. I'll have to upload a screen shot soon.

(02-08-2017, 08:47 PM)Beej Wrote: Its per hour.
At the top of the page is a link where you may be able to get the setup manual for your machine, plus a link to the SleepyHead software which will let your see your data in detail. With screenshots from SleepyHead stored at an online service such as Imgur or Google drive, you can post links (after a minimum of 4 posts) to get feedback from members here.

Thanks beej.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you are referring to the Respironics Dream Mapper app they push you to with the Dreamstations, that number is your AHI which means average events per hour. Down at the bottom of the page it shows AHI Details and there they are listing total number of each event for the night. I find the Dream Mapper app a good quick reference but I always check in sleepyhead to get a more detailed picture of how my night went. 

Good luck with your therapy and welcome to the board!
Welcome
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Pressure] Switching to automatic raised AHI numbers Leitrim 4 112 03-26-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Leitrim
  First Night Looking for advise wjg1 4 174 03-12-2024, 06:34 PM
Last Post: DancesWithCats
  Can someone help me make sense of my Therapy Numbers? kc90 6 351 02-21-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: kc90
  Frustrating insomnia continues despite numbers alienfrontier 10 602 01-27-2024, 02:04 PM
Last Post: alienfrontier
  CPAP Data advise DaCronic072 1 290 01-02-2024, 05:14 AM
Last Post: DaCronic072
  Advise requested: Should I LOWER my pressure? Aknakon 21 1,134 12-22-2023, 08:25 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New CPAP user here. Ready to learn. Please advise how I can improve! Sleepyman12 4 500 12-13-2023, 05:51 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.