Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed 10 misreporting hours used
Resmed 10 misreporting hours used
I’m currently travelling in a country whose time zone is 9 hrs different from my own. I don’t *think that should make a difference, but every morning the usage hours are reported  as <2 hrs whereas I know I’ve been strapped for 7-8. 

Any ideas why?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed 10 misreporting hours used
resmed defines a day as noon to noon as determined by the clock time setting in the clinician's menu. I expect you'll find the missing hours in the data for the day before or after. changing the time on these things isn't as simple as one would expect, but it can be done. I've seen this discussed in a few threads in my time here; try a search of the forum.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-05-2019, 12:41 PM)nathanoj Wrote: I’m currently travelling in a country whose time zone is 9 hrs different from my own. I don’t *think that should make a difference, but every morning the usage hours are reported  as <2 hrs whereas I know I’ve been strapped for 7-8. 

Any ideas why?

As sheepless has said Resmed splits it’s day at noon. If your travelling only for a short period of time I would not worry about this issue, the first 6hrs if your sleep is being credited to yesterday the two hours after noon on the internal clock greet credited to today, and the first 6hrs of your next sleep session also gets credited to today.

It all averages out. 

Do not change the time on your machine as you may have issues setting it back when you get home
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks guys. No big deal then :-)
Post Reply Post Reply
One sure thing I've learned on this forum, is to NOT mess around with the clock on my ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet.  Eat-popcorn
Post Reply Post Reply
I spent two months traveling around the UK and when I saw my OSCAR results on arriving home in Australia they looked bizarre. However, I was more interested in how I slept and this was still readable but took a bit of toing and froing from one day to the other. I just accept it as something that Resmed hasn't put into their software yet.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad [Treatment] 10 Months In and Still Waking Up After 4 to 5 Hours Burnsy 3 239 03-14-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Burnsy
  Still Only Sleeping 4-5 Hours Most Nights AustinSV 5 209 03-12-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Big Gap In Readings - Hours of use too short an4g745 12 429 03-01-2024, 06:50 PM
Last Post: an4g745
  Total machine use hours? milogurd 1 263 02-03-2024, 04:00 PM
Last Post: Nightynite
  Why do I wake up after a few hours sleep? John Reston 6 475 01-28-2024, 02:56 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question Consistently Waking Up After ~3 Hours on CPAP sammyg7241 2 429 01-20-2024, 04:16 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
Question [CPAP] Consistently Waking Up After 3 Hours on CPAP sammyg7241 2 522 01-11-2024, 01:24 AM
Last Post: Expat31

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.