Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Aerophagia for new-ish user
Aerophagia for new-ish user
I'm getting aerophagia on a daily basis and not sure how to prevent that. I'd really appreciate any advice the community can offer. I've attached my most recent sleep results. I'm using a full face mask because I've found that gives me the best night's sleep with less severe aerophagia, but the aerophagia is still a problem. Some days its worse than others but it's always present when I wake up. My pressure is set at 7-9.6. Thank you in advance for ay advice you can offer!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Aerophagia for new-ish user
Standard charts please.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for the reminder - please see the standard charts attached. Thank you in advance for your help.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Aerophagia is generally pressure related. Before we start lowering min and max please increase EPR from 2 to 3. This will effectively lower pressure without compromising any therapy..

If this fails we will decrease your pressure settings slowly.
Post Reply Post Reply
Awesome, thank you. I just did that and I'll circle back in the coming days with the results. Thanks again.
Post Reply Post Reply
Aerophagia is generally pressure related. Before we (temporarily) reduce your settings try setting EPR =3 which will effectively lower your pressure without compromising your therapy.
Post Reply Post Reply
It seems like changing the EPR from 2 to 3 worked. Thank you for the advice. Why do you say that this fix is temporary though?
Post Reply Post Reply
I said before we lower your pressure settings. That would be intended to be temporary under 5he assumption that you were at optimum settings.P0
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New to CPAP, awful aerophagia callamar75 24 605 03-25-2024, 11:26 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  4 months in - Do I have to live with aerophagia? RedNailz 18 1,648 03-09-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: RedNailz
  help... Suspicous Flow Rate and Flow Limitations, bothersome Aerophagia Barefooter64 11 524 02-19-2024, 11:39 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Sad [Treatment] UARS with Aerophagia and a High Leak Rate, what next? Adam0410 9 409 02-14-2024, 10:01 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  [Treatment] Aerophagia + Long Sleep Times jambo99 1 216 02-07-2024, 09:56 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
Ohmy Aerophagia is making me lose my mind urachan 9 850 01-01-2024, 05:01 AM
Last Post: airwaystent
  EPR, Central Apnea, and Aerophagia rpierce 23 2,308 11-12-2023, 12:39 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.