Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Affordable recording oximeter
RE: Affordable recording oximeter
Yep. Mine doesn't drop much either per event but it seems to be more accumulative. As in each wake up, it doesn't rise quite as far so each fall causes it to fall slightly lower. Unless I wake up all the way, it just keeps dropping slowly. Even then, the lowest it has ever been without the CPAP (accidental "test") was in the 70s I think.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Well, a little over a year later and I finally got the CMS-50D+. Test run worked okay, now I just have to figure out how to keep it on.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-20-2015, 02:06 PM)eviltim Wrote: Well, a little over a year later and I finally got the CMS-50D+. Test run worked okay, now I just have to figure out how to keep it on.
I used 2” wide surgical tape that I tore off two 1/4” wide strips. Stuck it to the bottom sides of the Oximeter and the side of my finger. It held on just fine.

Also I was wondering if there was anyway I could get the data into an Excel file rather than just looking at it using the CMS program.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-21-2015, 05:25 PM)Jimsp1 Wrote: Also I was wondering if there was anyway I could get the data into an Excel file rather than just looking at it using the CMS program.

When you download it with the SpO2 software, one of the files it creates is a ".csv" (comma separated variable) file. Excel can read this file type very easily.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-21-2015, 05:52 PM)sgearhart Wrote:
(11-21-2015, 05:25 PM)Jimsp1 Wrote: Also I was wondering if there was anyway I could get the data into an Excel file rather than just looking at it using the CMS program.

When you download it with the SpO2 software, one of the files it creates is a ".csv" (comma separated variable) file. Excel can read this file type very easily.
Where can I find the csv files? I can't find any data files associated with the SpO2 program. When I look in the data folder inside the SpO2 program folder all I see is a file that says “this-dir- intentionally -left-blank”
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-21-2015, 08:20 PM)Jimsp1 Wrote:
(11-21-2015, 05:52 PM)sgearhart Wrote:

Where can I find the csv files? I can't find any data files associated with the SpO2 program. When I look in the data folder inside the SpO2 program folder all I see is a file that says “this-dir- intentionally -left-blank”
OK I solved the problem.
I have windows 10 and you need to right click on the program to bring up a list that includes
Troubleshoot Compatibility.
After running that and allowing the changes to be made I can now see the files including the csv files in the data folder.
Post Reply Post Reply
First night with it on. I haven't felt like taping it on so what I did was I just jammed it on when I woke up; I wake up 4 hours into my sleep every night like clockwork. It stayed on for an hour and I took it off when I woke up again.

I will work on getting it to stay on the whole night so I can import it into sleepyhead, but I'm curious what sort of data other people have seen.

Mine seems to stay at 98%, however it occasionally dropped a bit lower (97%) which I assume is probably within a normal, healthy range (I have seen this happen while wearing it in the day). There were 2-3 drops to 96 and one drop to 88% (!) shortly after which I woke up. My pulse also became more erratic after this, perhaps indicative of wakefulness?

I am wondering if this is just due to perhaps me moving around in my sleep since I didn't tape it on. If those nasty <90% desat events correlate with my waking in future sessions, it might explain my waking up. Perhaps it correlates with bad leaks.
Post Reply Post Reply
Full night last night, with the help of some painter's tape.

There are either several bad desaturation events, or I'm losing contact with the oximeter (one of them plunged below 70, which I think is probably the oximeter's fault since I never had anything this bad on my sleep study). Anyone seen anything like this when their data-capable CPAP was spitting out agreeable numbers (<5 AHI, few leaks, etc)
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pulse oximeter recommendations? p123 15 1,211 03-26-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Oscar not recording CSR and RE with Aircurve 10 Vauto rmfisher132 1 87 03-17-2024, 04:33 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Looking for wrist oximeter to check O2 storywizard 0 89 03-13-2024, 05:29 PM
Last Post: storywizard
  Airsense 10 not recording data Guajiro 3 159 03-11-2024, 07:02 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
Question Oximeter Sensitivity mhjunk525 1 151 03-02-2024, 11:39 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  are there pulse oximeter synced CPAP/Bipap/sleep study devices? bhavintu79 1 202 03-02-2024, 04:53 AM
Last Post: Gep232
  [Health] Pulse oximeter readings while asleep and awake - what do these readings mean? SleepyButHopeful 11 671 02-26-2024, 03:17 AM
Last Post: srlevine1

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.