Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

I put a new mask cushion on last night
I put a new mask cushion on last night
Not the first time I've done that. For some reason it didn't feel the same. It's a genuine ResMed part. It sort of dug into my right cheek a little, and my leak rate went way up. It feels thinner; and doesn't seal as well as my former cushion. I hope this is not a sign of quality reduction.

I don't want to jinx it -- but, my machine seems to be behaving.
I did a power reset on it Monday afternoon; and for two nights it's been reporting my AHI on screen; and has event data for ResScan.
I think it takes more than a few seconds to reset. Must be a big capacitor that needs time to discharge in order to reset to machine.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: I put a new mask cushion on last night
(03-20-2014, 06:05 PM)justMongo Wrote: Not the first time I've done that. For some reason it didn't feel the same. It's a genuine ResMed part. It sort of dug into my right cheek a little, and my leak rate went way up. It feels thinner; and doesn't seal as well as my former cushion. I hope this is not a sign of quality reduction.

I don't want to jinx it -- but, my machine seems to be behaving.
I did a power reset on it Monday afternoon; and for two nights it's been reporting my AHI on screen; and has event data for ResScan.
I think it takes more than a few seconds to reset. Must be a big capacitor that needs time to discharge in order to reset to machine.

That's a bummer about your mask. I find a good face washing before bed helps secure the gel mask to my face. Lately it seems less tightness on the straps helps helps mine to seal. I know it sounds nuts but it works for me. It seems like everything costs more, but less quality. They want us to buy more.

My machine was acting up yesterday. I put my mask on and no air. It was complaining about my heated hose. I checked it and it was fine. I unplugged and plugged back in and all was good.

Is your machine pretty new?

Good luck hope all works out.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: I put a new mask cushion on last night
(03-20-2014, 06:35 PM)Franklyspeaking Wrote: That's a bummer about your mask. I find a good face washing before bed helps secure the gel mask to my face. Lately it seems less tightness on the straps helps helps mine to seal. I know it sounds nuts but it works for me. It seems like everything costs more, but less quality. They want us to buy more.

My machine was acting up yesterday. I put my mask on and no air. It was complaining about my heated hose. I checked it and it was fine. I unplugged and plugged back in and all was good.

Is your machine pretty new?

Good luck hope all works out.

Yes, my machine has about 50 hours on it (6 nights.)
The serial number indicates it was made in 2013.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] ResMed Airtouch F20 Cushion cleaning with drool problems. Funkmonkey 2 231 03-05-2024, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Funkmonkey
  Chin cushion for mouth leaks AReedy 9 560 02-25-2024, 09:38 PM
Last Post: AReedy
  Unable to keep mask throughout night Overdrawn 4 279 02-10-2024, 08:13 PM
Last Post: Overdrawn
  Switch to memory foam cushion? Toddsims 4 543 12-28-2023, 12:14 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Mask riding up at night robbob2112 1 345 12-22-2023, 05:58 PM
Last Post: mushroom
  First week - One "good" night and waking up with mask off most nights ghost10 9 708 12-15-2023, 11:56 AM
Last Post: ghost10
  Very intermittent nasal cushion collapse BillfromMissouri2 4 424 12-10-2023, 10:43 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.