Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

After 3 Weeks
After 3 Weeks
Can someone look and see if these numbers are ok. I slept really good last night
My H looks to be to high. What setting should I use to lower it
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: After 3 Weeks
ST1300,
Sleepyhead says your 95% pressure was at 8cm, but from your pressure graph, I'm not seeing that it went that high. Dont-know

Your profile has a pressure of 4cm listed. It doesn't look like you are using ramp, but turn it off if you are.

Yes, you need to tame the hypopneas, and it wouldn't hurt to raise your start pressure to 7cm.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
My pressure starts at 6.5 and I use ramp. I will update my profile
Post Reply Post Reply
I think the hypopneas are actually good news, in that they would be probably full on obstructive apneas if not for the machine. Your AHI is low enough so that they are really not a huge worry, but can probably get even better with some careful adjustments as have been suggested.
Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

Part cow since February 2018.

Trust your mind less and your brain more.

Post Reply Post Reply
(02-28-2016, 10:11 AM)ST1300 Wrote: My pressure starts at 6.5 and I use ramp. I will update my profile

Is 6.5 the start pressure for your ramp???

Since your minimum pressure is 6 and the machine stays at 6 for a large part of the night, ramp starting at 6.5 is counterproductive. I would turn it off. I would also change your minimum pressure to 6.5 or 7 as Rose suggested.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Ya sorry I screwed up. I'm doing this from my phone. Ramp starts at 4.5 with a min of 6.5. When I get home I will turn off the ramp and increase the start to 7. I updated my profile

Thanks for all he comments and suggestions. I will repost the outcome next Sat.

Which graphs should I post. I done a screenshot but it missed some.

Pressure. .. events... and what else?
Thanks again for all the help
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for responding. You did just fine with your screenshot. Smile
Let us know if your Hypopneas improve.
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
7 seems to be a bit high. I had on min 7 last night and it was way too much inward pressure.I woke up at 4am and tried to get back to sleep.. NO GO.

Should I keep it on 7 or back it off to 6.5? I'll check back before bed time if I can stay awake...

Thanks again
Post Reply Post Reply
If you are unable to tolerate a min pressure of 7, either back it up to 6.5 or go back to using ramp.

But remember, your start pressure of 6 didn't help eliminate the hypopneas, and if that continues, you will need a higher pressure to be treated effectively.
But for now, just take it slower.
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
I realize the PRS1 algorithm is reluctant to increase pressure, but this graph shows all obstructive events (including RERA) and no sustained increase in pressure.

Quote:I slept really good last night
My H looks to be to high

This trumps all data. You're fine. If I was going by the data, I'd increase the minimum pressure, but if you're sleeping well and feel good, that's the goal.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can someone take a look at my OSCAR results? 3-4 weeks of CPAP & still improvements senseisaitama 5 131 03-24-2024, 10:43 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
Question Oscar Help - Analysis after 3 Weeks, Improvements! ef8mk 7 319 03-24-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: ef8mk
  Trialing a Dreamstation (2?) for 4 weeks NeedSleepPlease 46 1,488 03-12-2024, 05:05 PM
Last Post: NeedSleepPlease
  2 weeks in. Mask leak and flow limit Jojo1982 11 672 02-22-2024, 01:51 PM
Last Post: Jojo1982
  [Pressure] I just started apap therapy 3 weeks ago and I feel worse.Should I change settings? AndreiChivu 1 323 02-03-2024, 08:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] 5-6 Weeks into CPAP Therapy, Sleep Getting Worse of Late SleepyLP 17 911 01-16-2024, 06:32 PM
Last Post: DancesWithCats
  3 Weeks in the World of APAP MaskedOne 2 311 01-16-2024, 09:37 AM
Last Post: MaskedOne

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.