Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

s9 Adapt adjustments
s9 Adapt adjustments
Using an s9 Adapt for past few weeks for central sleep apnea
Attached is typical results
Should I be raising pressure or is there a leak problem with nasal mask?

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: s9 Adapt adjustments
This is my initial observation. There seems to be a correlation between your large leaks and your hypopneas. Are you a restless sleeper? Chin tucking and its resultant position could be dislodging your mask while causing the hypopneas. I'm sure others will have a better insight on this.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I think Red hit the two major suspects for me. This is either a mask fit issue or potentially a positional apnea issue or both. Your setting range should be sufficient to normalize tidal volume during a central with an open airway. This makes me suspect an obstructive element like chin-tucking, especially with clustering of events, and the presence of leaks at the same time means this may be movement or a mask leak. Read the soft cervical collar wiki in my signature links and the Positional Apnea article linked from there.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for reply...when turning and laying on side, seems to be leakage so will need to work with size and tightness of nasal mask
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Improvement after adjustments - still can't stay asleep DKane 0 64 04-12-2024, 09:55 AM
Last Post: DKane
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 52 2,446 04-06-2024, 01:23 PM
Last Post: akarifur
  First week with CPAP Oscar - Adjustments phillyfan24 9 654 03-30-2024, 08:27 AM
Last Post: jdavis
  New Here, Been using OSCAR, Need Advice Regarding Adjustments FrankReality 26 1,014 03-26-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: FrankReality
Gross Need help interpreting data and making adjustments tiredandexpired 13 651 03-01-2024, 10:07 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Help Interpreting OSCAR data and making adjustments Catbois 1 199 03-01-2024, 11:03 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Resmed Aircurve 10 Vauto - Adjustments sleepy9994 11 1,433 10-28-2023, 03:15 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.