Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Advice re Selling My Used AirSense 10 Autoset
Advice re Selling My Used AirSense 10 Autoset
From the beginning of March to the end of August, I had an AirSense 10 Autoset paid for by my Kaiser Medicare Advantage Plan. Using OSCAR, I was able to show my Sleep PA that it was not treating me effectively because virtually all my apneas were central. Finally she agreed, and ordered an AirCurve 10 ASV for me, which Kaiser approved, and which I have been using since the beginning of September (with great results). But also in August, I received a small bill for the payoff of the AirSense 10 from Apria, my DME provider. I called Apria and they confirmed that on payment I would own the AirSense 10. So I now have both my new AirCurve 10 ASV and the original AirSense 10 Autoset. I see listings on Craigslist for used CPAP machines, but it seems to me to be a bit of a "gray market."  I assume a purchaser would not have a prescription and would likely not know what settings would be appropriate.  Any advice on what I should do would be appreciated.
Pat Anderson
Happily retired in Birch Bay, WA
Blog: http://daydreamsloop.blogspot.com
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Advice re Selling My Used AirSense 10 Autoset
Listing on Craigslist is your business, and many people do it. As long as you have a safe transaction and get your money, it is none of your business if the buyer has a prescription or even if they have apnea. You can always sell through Supplier #2 and a lot of other vendors that offer to buy your used machine. What you can't do is offer it for sale here, or to use your Apnea Board account to sell or facilitate the sale of any prescription required devices or equipment. I'll just leave it at that. In my experience a private sale through Craigslist, Offer-up or Facebook Marketplace is usually beneficial to both parties.You have been here long enough to know there are large numbers of uninsured or minimally insured that benefit from these sales, and I have personally purchased through that venue. Good pictures of the machine and the screen showing Run Hours is a lot of help. Just don't offer it here which would violate Rule #3. http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...oard-Rules
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Check with Supplier #2. Depending on the hours on the unit, they may be willing to buy it. If not, Craig's list is a decent choice as is Marketplace.

As you know, there is no buying, selling or giving away of any prescription required item here on Apnea Board.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-28-2021, 05:04 PM)OpalRose Wrote: Check with Supplier #2.  Depending on the hours on the unit, they may be willing to buy it.  If not, Craig's list is a decent choice as is Marketplace.  

As you know, there is no buying, selling or giving away of any prescription required item here on Apnea Board.

Yes, thanks, I was aware of the prohibition against selling used equipment here. I was just seeking your thoughts on the ethics of "Craigslisting" it.  I will get some good photos and check the hours, which basically will be 7-8 hours per night over six months and list it.
Pat Anderson
Post Reply Post Reply
I just checked my local CL ads for CPAP. One ad was for a ResMed 10 AutoSet with only 20 hrs.of use, with the OEM bag, and lots of accessories. All in perfect condition according to the ad.

$500.00 cash, FIRM! 

I was kind of surprised at just how much CPAP stuff was for sale.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-28-2021, 04:48 PM)anderson5420 Wrote: I see listings on Craigslist for used CPAP machines, but it seems to me to be a bit of a "gray market."  I assume a purchaser would not have a prescription and would likely not know what settings would be appropriate.

yes, gray market.

I wouldn't assume the purchaser doesn't have an RC. Especially with the shortages right now.

Maybe they had a Philips machine and insurance won't replace? Or they want an expensive sleep study before covering a replacement.

That said, there are sellers of refurbished machines (sever suppliers in the list) They also buy used machines to refurbish and sell with proper Rx verification.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well, my AirSense 10 is now listed on my local Craigslist! We shall see how it goes!
Pat Anderson
Post Reply Post Reply
The purchaser picked up his new-to-him Resmed AirSense 10 Autoset yesterday! Sold for $600. He was bitten by the Philips fiasco. I think he either has a replacement from Philips or has one coming, but he said he wanted the AirSense 10 Autoset as a backup. He asked if I had ever used ozone or UV to sanitize - a great question - and I was able to tell him that I had not. He knew his way around the machine too - he knew the buttons to press for the clinician menu! He emailed me this morning and said he used the AirSense 10 Autoset last might and got the best night's sleep he has had in a long time! Good deal for both of us!
Pat Anderson
Post Reply Post Reply
Good deal.

My AS 10 CPAP has been on CL locally too.
2 inquiries so far, and one followed up (has a Philips)
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 25 454 3 minutes ago
Last Post: Old Steve
  New to CPAP, looking for guidance and advice iamJB 16 296 5 hours ago
Last Post: Expat31
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 172 Yesterday, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New Here, Been using OSCAR, Need Advice Regarding Adjustments FrankReality 26 868 03-26-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: FrankReality
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 43 1,801 03-25-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: Uzupan
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 115 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  [Equipment] Should I turn on the AB Filter option on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters? cLoo 10 840 03-22-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: stevew168

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.