Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Inline Filter Questions
RE: Inline Filter Questions
Jake the best lesson I learned was taught to me by a darn fine furniture salesman. Change something and there's a ripple effect. It affects a whole bunch of things.

I've seen so many people mess up air handling systems in buildings changing filters. I hope the talk here has helped you.

DaveL
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Inline Filter Questions
Oddly, it's when the filter is installed CORRECTLY on the back of the machine that it makes the whistling noise.
I have no problems with it being on the mask end, the only issue with that is as I've mentioned before, I'm not sure how effective it is since it's technically flipped to accommodate the hose/mask connections.

Basically, take the image I attached above and rotate it 180 degrees. Now the airflow is going opposite of the arrow.

I'm going to possibly call my DME tomorrow and see what they say about those types of filters.

I appreciate all your input, Daves (ha)
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  1 Month In - Some Questions rarmstrong26 4 156 Yesterday, 06:45 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  [Equipment] Should I turn on the AB Filter option on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters? cLoo 10 840 03-22-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Juniper's questions juniper 12 270 03-21-2024, 07:40 AM
Last Post: juniper
  Filter types vs. original for AirSense 10 fotjon 3 118 03-21-2024, 12:57 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  New - so many questions Matsu1 4 262 02-25-2024, 10:53 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  A few questions!! Iceracer 2 308 01-19-2024, 07:53 PM
Last Post: Iceracer
  Need Help. Many Questions wkennedy 6 464 12-31-2023, 10:50 AM
Last Post: wkennedy

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.