Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

After a good night's sleep, how do you feel?
After a good night's sleep, how do you feel?
Right when you wake up, if you've had a really good night's sleep, how do you feel? Are you bounding out of bed? Are you still sleepy eyed? Are you dragging until you get your coffee?

Do you know by how you feel if you've had a good night's sleep?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: After a good night's sleep, how do you feel?
There's so many things that go into getting a good night's sleep. Most of it depends on what you did the day before. What you did, what you ate, what you drank, the stress level, the lack of stress, good day, bad day, etc etc

That said, I am more mentally alert when I have a good night sleep. And certainly more cheerful!
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-02-2013, 03:41 PM)FireInCairo Wrote: Do you know by how you feel if you've had a good night's sleep?

Well, if I feel like crap, I assume it's because I didn't get a good night's sleep. Especially if I was up late the night before and had to get up early.

Before CPAP therapy I really felt like crap every morning, and even if I didn't have to get up early I often would anyway because I couldn't fall back asleep.

It's pretty rare for me to wake up feeling refreshed. I'm usually pretty groggy in the morning.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
After a good night's sleep, which I get a lot now with CPAP - I usually wake up feeling really good and refreshed. But this feeling goes a way a lot of the time, shortly after waking up. Only about 1/7 night's do I feel good during the day, but at least I wake up feeling that I got a good night's sleep. Before CPAP, I would wake up tired and feeling crappy, but unable to sleep anymore. This could even be after 9-10 hours sleep. It's only been a month with the machine, but it seems like the good days are finally becoming more common. Plus, spring is in the air!!
Post Reply Post Reply
I feel "better" in the morning than I did without CPAP. But to really get my engine going I need a 16 oz cup of coffee.
Mike
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-02-2013, 10:22 PM)mikeh99 Wrote: But to really get my engine going I need a 16 oz cup of coffee.

Ah, a very wise man. I'm the same way. Only it's more like 32 oz at a minimum. lots-o-coffee
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
I would say I am less grumpy, but just as groggy and dragged out as before I started CPAP - the difference is that in the day, I don't feel the need to conk out at 4 in the afternoon.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-03-2013, 04:45 AM)DocWils Wrote: I would say I am less grumpy....

I'm still grumpy...

...but not dopey, sleepy or sneezy.. Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
Well I can say, when I first was put on CPAP, for the first few days, I'd wake up ready to tear down the house, and rebuild it all before lunch. LOL. but after I guess my body adapted to it, I wake up feeling ok, but I usually have to have my large size coffee to really get me going now.
Post Reply Post Reply
In other words, we're all about normal. Kinda sad. I had hopes it would grant us super powers.

PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Low AHI but still feel tired everyday Abhi 5 246 10 hours ago
Last Post: staceyburke
  Feel like my CPAP machine is killing me jimbob123 1 95 03-27-2024, 05:42 AM
Last Post: Rich66
Idea [CPAP] New to CPAP, Good So Far! TWINDAWN 2 73 03-27-2024, 04:30 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Need help to find a good Luna G3 pressure. johnathanb76 13 205 03-22-2024, 11:06 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Split night sleep study Bwanajohn51 0 69 03-20-2024, 01:07 PM
Last Post: Bwanajohn51
  CPAP making me feel very tense while I'm asleep jlpool 15 837 03-16-2024, 05:34 PM
Last Post: jlpool
  Good AHI but Low Tidal Volume and Minute Ventilation erolalper 1 149 03-15-2024, 07:57 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.