Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

After a setting on the Resmed Airsense help
After a setting on the Resmed Airsense help
Hi I don’t know what it’s called but hopefully someone knows what I’m talking about lol.
Is there a setting in the Resmed Airsense 10 where as you unplug or unclimbed ya mask the air dies right down ? Then clip the mask back on an back to normal?

Like my mum has the fisher an Paykel Sleepstyle Auto an in the night if she unplugs her  mask or nasal thing to go to the toilet during the night  she doesn’t turn the machine off or hit any buttons she just unplugs it an goes to the toilet but her air of the blowing from the tube dies right down so you can hardly hear it at all while she does what she has to.

On my Airsense 10 if I unplug mine to get up during the night it keeps blowing  heaps an can even hear it blowing from in the toilet lol.
 So just wondering does the Airsense have this option to make the air die down until you mask on again? Or what would this option be called?
Hope I made some sense or knew what I mean haha thanks in advance 

Lee
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: After a setting on the Resmed Airsense help
It sounds like you are descriibing the "SmartStart" feature.
Go into the clinician menu and enable "Essentials Plus", then it will be visible in the regular patient menu
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Not sure if it’s called sensawake in fisher an Paykel. Hmm you sure that’s the one I don’t mean put the mask on an breath will start up I ment say I’ve slept for 3 hours need to get up through the night to go to toilet I unplug my mask go to toilet. I want the air to decrease an slow right down while I go to toilet instead of keep blowing heaps it’s loud when off.
When I come back from toilet put mask on an pressure increases again hope that makes sense
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, what you want is called SmartStart. Get your clinic to turn it on for you if it's not already on. On my machine it doesn't respond fast enough when I take the mask off and the air keeps blowing for a little while - long enough to wake the boss. Sad
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 19 361 1 hour ago
Last Post: Pawpri
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 69 25,719 Yesterday, 05:18 PM
Last Post: fixed it
Question Not Sure if Setting Changes Helping - Help Appreciated! WiscoKate 6 149 03-25-2024, 11:54 AM
Last Post: WiscoKate
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 613 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Semi-permanently disabling modem in ResMed Airsense 10 Sleep87 109 67,600 03-19-2024, 11:27 PM
Last Post: ivanvargas1
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters timtaller 63 25,766 03-16-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: e727147
  What happens when SD card fills? - Resmed Airsense 10 Craigtech 1 227 03-10-2024, 04:12 PM
Last Post: stevew168

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.