Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

After first nights on CPAP I'm lost
RE: After first nights on CPAP I'm lost
(02-15-2014, 09:14 PM)Gabby Wrote: Well I tried to get my SD card out and read it on SleepyHead but was unable to budge it.
[Image: $(KGrHqF,!qEE9d9LigOPBPfHKkrTHw~~60_35.JPG] [Image: $(KGrHqN,!h8E-tBqZ0uTBPy-YoS5QQ~~60_35.JPG] [Image: SD_memory.jpg]
ResScan S8 data card ... ResScan S8 smart card reader .... ........ S9 SD card

For the S8 you need ResScan software, ResScan data card and card reader (available on ebay) as shown above
SleepyHead does not support S8 machines and other machines uses smart card

Don,t bother with the S8 card reader, Robysue is right "AutoSet Spirit" does not record any efficacy data but its an APAP (AutoSet Spirit II does) wait until you get S9 Elite and then you can use either ResScan or SleepyHead
You need a card reader, your computer might have SD card slot
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-15-2014, 09:28 PM)DeepBreathing Wrote:
(02-15-2014, 09:14 PM)Gabby Wrote: Well I tried to get my SD card out and read it on SleepyHead but was unable to budge it.

According to the user guide it should just pull out. However I'm pretty sure you won't be able to read it without the special ResMed card reader.
http://www.resmed.com/au/assets/document...nz_eng.pdf

(02-15-2014, 09:14 PM)Gabby Wrote: Until then I am just going to concentrate on me and my mask and making sure I feel no air escaping around my face, I am going to relax and get the best sleeps I possibly can. Just hoping and believing the cpap is doing it's job.
I shall bide my time and be trustful and patient and with your support I know I am going to reap the the many benefits that cpap will eventually bring to my life.

That's a great attitude Gabby. This is something you can't force - just relax and think of England. No! Relax and go with the flow. Grin It takes some getting used to and there will be good nights and bad nights. Try not to get frustrated or impatient, don't try to force things along. But eventually it does come good.
Thank you Paul, as from yesterday I have been relaxing. The days previous hadn't been very good but I think it was just such a big build up for me after such a long wait and then a big come down.
Believe me when I tell you it was your's and everyone else's words of encouragement that lifted me up. No one else I know understood what I was going through.
Anyway from now on it is all up. I will not let it be any other way.
Sleep Tight...
Gabby
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-15-2014, 11:37 PM)zonk Wrote:
[Image: $(KGrHqF,!qEE9d9LigOPBPfHKkrTHw~~60_35.JPG] [Image: $(KGrHqN,!h8E-tBqZ0uTBPy-YoS5QQ~~60_35.JPG] [Image: SD_memory.jpg]
ResScan S8 data card ... ResScan S8 smart card reader .... ........ S9 SD card

For the S8 you need ResScan software, ResScan data card and card reader (available on ebay) as shown above
SleepyHead does not support S8 machines and other machines uses smart card

Don,t bother with the S8 card reader, Robysue is right "AutoSet Spirit" does not record any efficacy data but its an APAP (AutoSet Spirit II does) wait until you get S9 Elite and then you can use either ResScan or SleepyHead
You need a card reader, your computer might have SD card slot

Thank you for all of that information Zonk. Hopefully on Tuesday the S9 will be here. My laptop has an SD card slot. I have downloaded SleepyHead so hopefully I will be able to read my card. I am looking forward to find out if my AHI's have been cut down.
Sleep Tight...
Gabby
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok, first to get a data card out you PUSH it and this release the lock and it pops out a little, at which point if you get a GOOD GRIP you can pull it out.

Even after it pops, I (with big, strong, agile hands) cannot pull it unless I get the right angle.

Push it -- get a good grip and pull it out.

2nd: You do NOT need a special card reader UNLESS you don't have such a card reader on your PC -- in which case a $20 USB reader will work (if you have a USB port.)

Finally: Won't RESCAN work for this model? Rescan is linked here on this forum and downloadable for the asking.

Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

"We can all breathe together or we will all suffocate alone."
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-15-2014, 09:33 PM)me50 Wrote: Gabby, hopefully you are getting all the crappy stuff out of the way early on so things will go well sooner than later! Glad that the mail is delivered on Monday; it isn't in the US. Let us know how you do on the machine tonight. If you really have bad leaks, you will know it most likely. The big deal is getting the healing started so you will feel better. Hope you have a better sleep tonight and wake up without the same symptoms you have the past few days.

Me50 let's hope you are right and I am getting rid of all the crappy stuff at the start, then once I am rid of the rubbish it will be smooth sailing. My S9 machine will not be delivered until Tuesday, they will send it to me on Monday. (Do you only have mail delivery four days a week?)
Until the S9 arrives I will continue to use the S8, so, as you say I can get the healing started. Now that I have started I don't want to stop and as each day passes I will start to feel better and better.
Sleep Tight...
Gabby
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-15-2014, 11:57 PM)herbm Wrote: Ok, first to get a data card out you PUSH it and this release the lock and it pops out a little, at which point if you get a GOOD GRIP you can pull it out.

Even after it pops, I (with big, strong, agile hands) cannot pull it unless I get the right angle.

Push it -- get a good grip and pull it out.

2nd: You do NOT need a special card reader UNLESS you don't have such a card reader on your PC -- in which case a $20 USB reader will work (if you have a USB port.

Hi Herbm, the older ResMes machines such as Gabby has at the moment do not use an ordinary SD card. They use a special propriety card which is a ResMed special. They do need the special ResMed card reader which costs about $120 online (maybe get one at Ebay for less).

[attachment=705]

When Gabby gets her S9, that will use a standard SD card and your instructions will be applicable in that case.
Post Reply Post Reply
Then I apologize -- had no idea that they were using a proprietary card.
Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

"We can all breathe together or we will all suffocate alone."
Post Reply Post Reply
One more thing, might be good idea to check if the data on the machine been erased, the machine might be used by other people and you don,t want download other people data on your computer, check date and time is correct and they put in a new filter
I assume you've got the clinical manual by now and know everything by heart (exam is not far away)
Edit: btw, how much they,re charging you to rent the machine for 3 months

Post Reply Post Reply
(02-16-2014, 12:06 AM)Gabby Wrote:
(02-15-2014, 09:33 PM)me50 Wrote: Gabby, hopefully you are getting all the crappy stuff out of the way early on so things will go well sooner than later! Glad that the mail is delivered on Monday; it isn't in the US. Let us know how you do on the machine tonight. If you really have bad leaks, you will know it most likely. The big deal is getting the healing started so you will feel better. Hope you have a better sleep tonight and wake up without the same symptoms you have the past few days.

Me50 let's hope you are right and I am getting rid of all the crappy stuff at the start, then once I am rid of the rubbish it will be smooth sailing. My S9 machine will not be delivered until Tuesday, they will send it to me on Monday. (Do you only have mail delivery four days a week?)
Until the S9 arrives I will continue to use the S8, so, as you say I can get the healing started. Now that I have started I don't want to stop and as each day passes I will start to feel better and better.

We have mail delivery 6 days per week but Monday is a holiday (President's Day) in the US. Keep your positive attitude!
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Gabby,

Very important: Do not wait to find out whether they are shipping you an S9 Escape Auto.

First thing in the morning, please call them right away and tell them you will only accept the S9 AutoSet, not the S9 Escape Auto, and they should not even bother sending you an Escape Auto. If they claim they don't have the S9 Autoset in stock and would need to order it tell them you will wait or will look for a new DME.

The S9 Escape Auto does not record any detailed waveform data, nor report individual events, nor does it distinguish between Central versus Obstructive apnea type, all of which is important for a brand new machine to provide.

Nor would the quality of the therapy be the same. The S9 Escape Auto uses the out-of-date S8 AutoSet algorithm, not the improved S9 AutoSet algorithm which was redesigned based on better distinguishing between Central versus Obstructive apnea type.

It was totally outrageous that they set you up with a very old S8 AutoSet Spirit (its first model, not even its less old model "II"). Actually, if there is any way you can simply return the old machine and change to a new DME supplier, that would be best and most fitting, from the standpoint of withholding business from such a woefully inadequate DME supplier.

Sometimes working up a little righteous indignation can help us become appropriately more assertive.

Take care,
--- Vaughn
The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Lost weight, no doc, can't get my settings right... japesinjapan 9 271 03-21-2024, 01:52 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Still Only Sleeping 4-5 Hours Most Nights AustinSV 5 248 03-12-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: Plmnb
  21 nights in, seeking advice smmille1 3 211 03-10-2024, 03:09 PM
Last Post: smmille1
  First two nights with results meettherobinsons 5 451 01-18-2024, 01:40 PM
Last Post: meettherobinsons
  First week - One "good" night and waking up with mask off most nights ghost10 9 682 12-15-2023, 11:56 AM
Last Post: ghost10
  [Treatment] My very first two nights! domod 6 582 11-30-2023, 10:06 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Lost Red Pressure Graph Line ejbpesca 5 368 11-09-2023, 10:01 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.