Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Quarky68 Therapy Thread
RE: Quarky68 Therapy Thread
@Quarky68
Is the red mark just first thing in the morning and fade or does it stay all day?
First thing in the morning is somewhat normal from pressure but should go away in a short time.
If it stays all day that is more severe than normal and many potential causes.

Did you tighten the straps on your headgear?
Could be too tight on your face.

Do you clean your mask? 
Everyone has different methods and time frames, I wipe mine down with a baby wipe every morning and about once a week soak it with the hose in a bucket of warm water and a tiny bit of antibacterial dish soap, rinse well, and air dry.

Are you using a different soap when you clean it or being sure to rinse it off well?
The soap residue could cause irritation.

Are you washing your face before bed? 
There could be something from your day on your skin and the pressure of the mask could cause skin irritation.
You really shouldn't put on any face lotions/potions shortly before putting on your mask so if you wash your face be sure to rinse well.

Have you changed your face soap?
Could be an irritant in that.

I think least likely would be a newly developed allergy to the material of your mask but, new allergies can pop up at any time.

If it continues, I would say to try a new mask and/or speak with your doctor.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Quarky68 Therapy Thread
@Quarky68

You might also try a mask liner.  They are typically made of a hypo-allergenic material and may help.  Try doing a Google or Amazon search for your mask model.  I was using them with an older FF mask (F20) to help with irritation on the bridge of my nose.  I ultimately switched to a different mask (F30) and have not had any problems since.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,072 Yesterday, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 168 Yesterday, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 254 Yesterday, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,268 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,359 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 967 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Information Alaxo Hybrid Stent with CPAP - Therapy Thread G. Szabo 29 1,211 03-22-2024, 10:51 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.