Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

After one week I have new AHI numbers and I feel
Thumbsup 
After one week I have new AHI numbers and I feel
After one week I have new AHI numbers and I feel better.
So get this. A few days ago my AHI was 14+ with most of those being open airway events. I have done a ton of research and studying to try to eliminate some of my side effects and have better results.
My problems were nocturia and not being able to fall back asleep. I had no major leaks. My apneas + Hypopneas were under 3.
I felt awful!
I have made many changes since diagnosis like eliminating almost all caffeine, not drinking anything after 7 at night.
Now I have added a pair of compression socks, limiting liquid after 6, one half dose of Cystex, eye moisturizer... Saline rinses every night and nasal steroids in the mornings every 2-3 days. I have been increasing my vitamin D intake.
I also take . 5 mg of lorezepam about an hour before bed and Zantac 2 hours before bed. This is my routine.
The last 2 nights have been better. Last night my AHI was 5.6. My CAI was 4.4.
I'm feeling much better and closer to my normal tired self. I'm hoping this keeps improving and I have renewed energy and purpose soon.
A couple symptoms from therapy I'm working on... My sinuses feel under pressure. My nose feels inflated and is sometimes throbbing. Trying to keep my mask at minimum pressure without leaks and not blowing off my face at higher pressure.
TIA and thanks for all your guidance those who have helped.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: After one week I have new AHI numbers and I feel
Well done!

It is good to have a bed time routine.
Post Reply Post Reply
When I woke this morning my left nostril was completely closed. That hasn't happened before. And I know at some point during the day I can count on my nose throbbing and my nasal passages feeling blown up. It so annoying!
Post Reply Post Reply
Your recognition of the importance of sleep and your efforts too obtain good quality sleep are very commendable . It appears, by your post, that your efforts are rewarding you.. Good Going!!
Yesterday is history; Tomorrow is a mystery; Today is a gift; Thats why its called "The Present".  
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Low AHI but still feel tired everyday Abhi 3 182 11 hours ago
Last Post: Abhi
  Feel like my CPAP machine is killing me jimbob123 1 86 Yesterday, 05:42 AM
Last Post: Rich66
  [Pressure] Switching to automatic raised AHI numbers Leitrim 4 118 03-26-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Leitrim
  New user OSCAR data after one week Everlong 2 105 03-26-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Everlong
  CPAP making me feel very tense while I'm asleep jlpool 15 827 03-16-2024, 05:34 PM
Last Post: jlpool
  Feel worse on lower EPR even though AHI seems the same? LarkinM 10 324 03-14-2024, 10:53 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  First week with CPAP Oscar - Adjustments phillyfan24 5 484 03-09-2024, 10:27 PM
Last Post: phillyfan24

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.