Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

After two weeks Oscar Started Up Again
After two weeks Oscar Started Up Again
For some reason Oscar stopped loading my data a little over two weeks ago.  I searched all of the older posts on the subject, followed all of the advice, deleted and reloaded Oscar a half dozen times, spent several hours working on it,  and it just wouldn't load any data.  That is until yesterday.  I put my SD card in as usual and, lo and behold, my data loaded.  It also loaded again today.  I guess you just have to keep trying, and for some unknown reason, it may start working again.  Quirky.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: After two weeks Oscar Started Up Again
Hi Quirky,

My guess is that there was something wrong with the card.
Perhaps you had forgot to lock it, which allowed the PC to write system files to it.

I think that the CPAP machine periodically deletes old files (and reformats the card?),
which would explain why it started working again..

The trick would have been to put a new card in the machine and let it format the card.

(or delete all the files on the card on the PC if you aren't worried about the old files).

It wouldn't hurt to install a new card anyway.

.......Zim
Post Reply Post Reply
He is using a Dreamstation. PR machines are OK with not locking the card--it is ResMed that has the problem.
Post Reply Post Reply
> PR machines are OK with not locking the card

But if the formatting was screwed up, it would affect any machine.

....Zim
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-02-2019, 05:31 PM)charrob Wrote: For some reason Oscar stopped loading my data a little over two weeks ago.  I searched all of the older posts on the subject, followed all of the advice, deleted and reloaded Oscar a half dozen times, spent several hours working on it,  and it just wouldn't load any data.  That is until yesterday.  I put my SD card in as usual and, lo and behold, my data loaded.  It also loaded again today.  I guess you just have to keep trying, and for some unknown reason, it may start working again.  Quirky.

All,

OK, I have a similar problem getting OSCAR to load data from my SD card AFTER the first installation load.  I formally ran SleepyHead for years but when I had a technical problem with SH I switched over to OSCAR.  The 1st time I installed OSCAR and told it to import SH data, it appeared to do so.  However, the next morning I didn’t load that night’s data from the SD card, but it did display the earlier data.  So, I looked closely at the setup I’d made and couldn’t find a problem.  The same thing occurred the next morning.  I won’t load data after the initial installation but does show results older than the OSCAR installation date.

Thinking that there might be a “loose bit” related to SH that might be messing with OSCAR I deleted both SH and OSCAR, did a CCleaner “cleanup” of the file system and registry, and power off restart.  I than installed OSCAR and loaded data from the SD card.  All looked well until the next morning when OSCAR recognizes the SD and appears to try to load data but doesn’t.  I can see the data from the night before installing OSCAR but none afterward.

The SD card appears to be intact since the DreamMapper program accesses the card and produces reasonable results.

I could really use some help on this one.  Any suggestions would be very helpful.

Regards, USN1Guy
Post Reply Post Reply
> Any suggestions would be very helpful.

It seems OSCAR has a bug in the process of loading new data.
As you say, it sems to load the new data, but refuses to display it.
(Sleepyhead doesn't have this problem).

I find that if I run the "Data/Rebuild CPAP Data" utility it usually fixes it.

Occasionally I have to reload and rebuild a second time to sort it out.

good luck .........Zim
Post Reply Post Reply
Gents, I'm moving this thread to the software support forum. A couple of the Oscar developers monitor that forum and may be able to provide the solution.
Post Reply Post Reply
The bug has already been reported

........Zim
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-09-2019, 01:02 AM)gzimmer Wrote: The bug has already been reported

........Zim

Thanks Zim
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-08-2019, 08:33 PM)gzimmer Wrote: > Any suggestions would be very helpful.

It seems OSCAR has a bug in the process of loading new data.
As you say, it sems to load the new data, but refuses to display it.
(Sleepyhead doesn't have this problem).

I find that if I run the "Data/Rebuild CPAP Data" utility it usually fixes it.

Occasionally I have to reload and rebuild a second time to sort it out.

good luck .........Zim

This morning, after running "Data/Rebuild CPAP Data" I find that OSCAR doesn't display any data. Of possible interest is the fact that day displayed at the top of the "Daily" screen now only shows 2, 3, 4, or 5 Aug.  However, I'm confident that the SD card still has all previous data since DreamMapper still runs and I see files modified on 9 Aug 2019.  Rerunning "Data/Rebuild CPAP Data" doesn't result in "Daily" displaying ANY days.   

QUESTION: Does running OSCAR >Data>Advanced>Purge ALL CPAP Data affect any data on the SD card?  Or in other words, do we know of any OSCAR process that will alter or remove data on my CPAP SD card?

Again, any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Regards, USN1Guy
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  O2Ring "lost time" 4.5 hours, 2 weeks since previous lost time DavidEsp 5 652 04-28-2023, 03:29 AM
Last Post: DavidEsp
  Oscar not seeing 2 weeks of data matt56 3 501 01-04-2023, 07:30 PM
Last Post: pholynyk
  Oscar Dummy - Help me get started using Oscar chris94546 17 2,867 10-24-2022, 07:34 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  ResScan 5.9 getting started B1Sailor 8 1,019 09-22-2022, 03:12 PM
Last Post: B1Sailor
  OSCAR started not showing graphs zzzZorro 2 675 07-10-2022, 09:11 AM
Last Post: zzzZorro
  Newbie how to get started Josiah 1 608 05-30-2020, 03:00 PM
Last Post: pholynyk
  OSCAR: Problems Getting Started - Data Tabs Grayed Out bilofsky 2 981 09-13-2019, 11:20 AM
Last Post: GuyScharf

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.