Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

After two weeks Oscar Started Up Again
RE: After two weeks Oscar Started Up Again
I run a copy of both of Sleepyhead and OSCAR for this very reason.
In the event that OSCAR gets itself in a knot, then Sleepyhead has always worked.
(they are installed in different directories so they don't share their data base)

I'm pretty sure that OSCAR dos not modify the data on the card,
however I always lock the card when I plug it in.

Perhaps if the card was not locked then the data might be modified.

Whatever, try loading the data into Sleepyhead and see if it is still there.

............Zim
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello Zim,

Thanks for the input.

USN1Guy
Post Reply Post Reply
Sleepyhead and OSCAR does not modify the SD card in anyway
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-10-2019, 01:34 AM)jaswilliams Wrote: Sleepyhead and OSCAR does not modify the SD card in anyway

Thanks jaswilliams,

Of possible interest (to me at least) is the fact that the Philips RESPIRONICS chip (Reorder #: Micron 1063859) that came with my new (as of Feb 2019) Dreamstation CPAP machine is missing the slider bar that locks the chip.
Post Reply Post Reply
Interesting, mine has the slider, but it's clearly cosmetic only, it just slides freely.

It's slightly annoying, because Windows and Mac like to write various hidden files to removable media, but at least those don't cause any problem for the PRS1 machines themselves.

Anyway, to the point at hand, we know that all current releases of OSCAR (and previously SH) have very broken support for the DreamStation autoSV. We think we've fixed it, but there aren't yet public betas or releases with the fixes. Get in touch with bonjour if you want to be a guinea pig and try out a test build, but there aren't any guarantees that other things aren't broken!
Post Reply Post Reply
> Interesting, mine has the slider, but it's clearly cosmetic only, it just slides freely.

Actually, the Write Protect tab does nothing electrical.
It's just a tab which blocks an optical sensor in the Card Reader, much the same as the old style floppies.

You can Protect an SD Card by folding a piece of black tape over the slot.

Unfortunately some cheap SD readers don't have the sensor and simply ignore the tab.

.......Zim
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  O2Ring "lost time" 4.5 hours, 2 weeks since previous lost time DavidEsp 5 679 04-28-2023, 03:29 AM
Last Post: DavidEsp
  Oscar not seeing 2 weeks of data matt56 3 522 01-04-2023, 07:30 PM
Last Post: pholynyk
  Oscar Dummy - Help me get started using Oscar chris94546 17 2,905 10-24-2022, 07:34 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  ResScan 5.9 getting started B1Sailor 8 1,069 09-22-2022, 03:12 PM
Last Post: B1Sailor
  OSCAR started not showing graphs zzzZorro 2 719 07-10-2022, 09:11 AM
Last Post: zzzZorro
  Newbie how to get started Josiah 1 631 05-30-2020, 03:00 PM
Last Post: pholynyk
  OSCAR: Problems Getting Started - Data Tabs Grayed Out bilofsky 2 1,014 09-13-2019, 11:20 AM
Last Post: GuyScharf

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.