Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Ah, new gear jo
Ah, new gear jo
Got a new mask, pillows, hose, filters yesterday and got to use it all last night. I went to bed early (for me) just because of that. I sneezed a few times because of the "new" smell but got over it quickly*. Leak rate was dropped! Yay!

Anyone else get excited about new gear?

*yes, I did rinse everything off first. duh.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
RE: Ah, new gear jo
(12-01-2019, 11:33 AM)PaulaO2 Wrote: Got a new mask, pillows, hose, filters yesterday and got to use it all last night. I went to bed early (for me) just because of that. I sneezed a few times because of the "new" smell but got over it quickly*. Leak rate was dropped! Yay!

Anyone else get excited about new gear?

*yes, I did rinse everything off first. duh.

Maybe not so much as being excited, as making sure that my DME source sends me what I need. They are pretty good at letting me know I'm due supplies and to contact them to verify what will be sent. 

But yes, there is an element of excitement involved. Now that I'm 65 and on Medicare, I'm curious to see how much I get charged for what.
Post Reply Post Reply
I will be excited not only to get my shiny new device sometime in about a month or so, but to get to where I can order it. I'm guessing we're creatures of habit. Toss out the shiny and new and we're happy. Besides that, the shiny and new in this case helps us breathe while sleeping, which is a nice habit to form and encourage.

Coffee to your shiny and new
Dave
I'm not a doctor in real or fictional life. My posts include opinions based upon user experience and researched info regarding CPAP therapy and should not be considered medically professional directions or advice.

OSCAR Chart Organization
Mask Primer
Dealing With DME
Post Reply Post Reply
[Image: 3i6pcm.jpg]
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

#apneaboard
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
like Laugh-a-lot .

sb.
Post Reply Post Reply
Why does my ResMed filter look so much like pillow stuffing? I feel I'm being ripped off.
Dave
I'm not a doctor in real or fictional life. My posts include opinions based upon user experience and researched info regarding CPAP therapy and should not be considered medically professional directions or advice.

OSCAR Chart Organization
Mask Primer
Dealing With DME
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-02-2019, 06:28 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: Why does my ResMed filter look so much like pillow stuffing? I feel I'm being ripped off.

DME is cutting corners again.  Filters from China.  Cost-control.   Bigwink
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

#apneaboard
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
Angry 
Not gonna dispute that. Errrr, I'll save my insurance blocking/pre-auth of my post invasive surgery pain killer rant for some oxysmoxycoffee stuff!

PS my apology Paula02 for the slight skew off-topic. Forward we go with shiny and new stuff.
Dave

OSCAR Chart Organization
Mask Primer
Dealing With DME
Post Reply Post Reply
ROFL to the free filters. Bless their hearts.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Twas the least they would do. Let them have free pillow stuffing filters.

Coffee
Dave

OSCAR Chart Organization
Mask Primer
Dealing With DME
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  gear head related -- supercharger, etc. install coming worn_out_in_lebanon 13 2,717 08-03-2017, 03:07 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.