Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Ah, new gear jo
RE: Ah, new gear jo
Hey I want your DME, Those would be awesome for my granddaughters' doll pillows, never thought of that ;-)
Fred Bonjour - Project Manager and Lead Tester for OSCAR - Open Source CPAP Analysis Reporter

Download OSCAR
New to Apnea? Helpful tips to ensure success
Soft Cervical Collar
Mask Primer
Dealing with a DME
Organize Charts
Optimizing Therapy
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
Yes, it is exciting to get new gear. I only change once every 6 months (except filters) so it is nice to have new. 

If it ain’t broke, I don’t replace.
CPAP is a journey like “The Wizard of Oz”. It’s a long slow journey. You will face many problems and pick up many friends along the way. Just because you reach the poppies, it doesn’t mean you are in Kansas. 
Post Reply Post Reply
Paula - I share your excitement when I get new stuff. Every once in a while my DME will send an extra nasal pillow too which really makes me smile. I do rinse the 'new stuff' with soap and water but sometimes that smell is not so fun. What do you use on the new stuff to remove that smell?
Post Reply Post Reply
I get excited also. I can’t wait till bedtime to try it out. Come to think of it after about 90 days now I’m excited to use PAP every night! Because a bad night with PAP is still better than without. I’ll put it on about 30 to 40 mins before I’m gonna hit the lights out button on AutoSleep (sleep tracking app for iPhone) because it’s gone from bothersome to comforting. AutoSleep is very accurate once it’s calibrated especially when used along with an Apple Watch if anyone has been on the fence as far as sleep trackers go. Takes about a week or 2 to nail it down perfect.

Anyway I went way off the thread topic. Yes I definitely get excited when I get new stuff also.
Download OSCAR <——— Click
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
My DME could have cared less about me.  I had to call and beg them to reorder supplies, only to receive the wrong item.

They’ve now sold the respiratory part of their business to Rotech, which my insurance doesn’t cover.  Now on a hunt.  Very limited choices in my area unless I choose to drive an hour either way.  

Anyway, I’m feeling left out...don’t know what it’s like to receive new supplies, let alone something extra!   Too-funny
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

OSCAR Chart Organization

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Gramma, if the smell is bad and I can't sleep with it, I'll soak it in a vinegar/water solution and rinse very very well.

OpalRose, my DME is like that, too. All they do is respiratory stuff though. And they still don't get it right. The guy I used to talk to about reorders was BlessHisHeart Ron. It once took 3 times to get the right mask.

So the other night, I got up to do my business and returned to bed. I was really not thinking clearly (i don't wake up well) and the light was off. I got my mask, put it on, and hit the on button. Air leak! Major air leak! So bad it wasn't getting to the mask. Put my hand down at the joint where the hose and machine meet, hose was attached. I followed the hose up to see if there was a hole....and found my new mask just blowing, all sad and lonely, at the end of the hose. I was wearing the OLD gear.

My wife explained that my old gear (which I had hung on a hanger in my clothes hanging space) had fallen off the hanger and she'd put it next to the machine so I'd see it and put it back better.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
That's why they are called 'help-mates'... Big Grin
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
Nearly 20 years ago my first DME and the one that bought the first one automatically mailed me new masks and other supplies every three months. Then another DME took over that was totally opposite, I didn't get even a new filter without requesting it. That's pretty well been the story since then but my current DME responds well when I request. We just need to be aware of what we are supposed to get and how often. Armed with that information I usually get what I request.

Stan
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
How To Attach Images And Files to your posts
Robysue's Beginner's Guide to Sleepyhead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Monitors are also Advisory Members, just with Extra Work assigned.
Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-25-2019, 04:53 PM)pholynyk Wrote: That's why they are called 'help-mates'... Big Grin

Too-funny Too-funny
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
I check with my DME supplier via an online chat forum. It's quick & easy to do. Matter-of-fact, I did just that a minute or so ago.

I was told that I'm not due any new supplies until 1-6-2020. I did remind her to notify me BEFORE any are shipped out. She checked my patient file and saw that had already been noted, and would continue to be respected.

That's what I like to hear!  like

Gotta say, as far as a DME supplier goes, they are pretty dang good.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  gear head related -- supercharger, etc. install coming worn_out_in_lebanon 13 2,950 08-03-2017, 03:07 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.