Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Ah what a relief it is . . .
Smile 
Ah what a relief it is . . .
having a brand new Airsense A10 for her! Dancing

Tempted to see if I can use the old Remstar M as an herb planter or something. (although of course I should keep it as a backup in case anything were to happen to the A10)

Soooo quiet! And brilliant to finally be able to see the data. So far only have 3 nights for Sleepyhead to present. What an amazing piece of software!! Kudos to the peeps who wrote it and have been updating it!

Thanks

Early days so not too fussed yet that best AHI I've had so far is 5.4. Will give it a couple of weeks to see if that comes down. Beats an average 43 without therapy, though.
May try some other mask configurations, and a different chinstrap as well. All of which is worth the effort as I'll have real INFORMATION on what goes on during my sleep time.

Actually starting to look forward to going to sleep at night. Not had that experience for a loooong time.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Ah what a relief it is . . .
Congrats on your new toy, I mean therapy machine! I like EPR at 3 and no ramp. It's wonderful how having the data can give you a sense of control!
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi AirSign,
CONGRATULATIONS! on your new machine.
It's great you finally got it, Dance, Dance, Dance.
Sounds like you are off to a good start.
Hang in there for more responses to your post, much success to you.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Congrats on the new machine! Hopefully, your AHI will come down. What was the CA, OA, Hypopnea break down on Sleepyhead?
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-16-2015, 05:55 PM)truetopath Wrote: Congrats on the new machine! Hopefully, your AHI will come down. What was the CA, OA, Hypopnea break down on Sleepyhead?

If I'm reading this correctly, last night's numbers:
AHI 6.44

Clear Airway 4 events
Hypopnea 21 events
Large Leak 18 events
Obstructive 28 events
RERA 1 event

Not sure I know what all that means.
Did adjust Exhalation Relief to 3, but everything else is the same as in my profile. Still sleepy a lot during the day.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-15-2015, 09:04 PM)AirSign Wrote: having a brand new Airsense A10 for her! Dancing

Tempted to see if I can use the old Remstar M as an herb planter or something. (although of course I should keep it as a backup in case anything were to happen to the A10)

Soooo quiet! And brilliant to finally be able to see the data. So far only have 3 nights for Sleepyhead to present. What an amazing piece of software!! Kudos to the peeps who wrote it and have been updating it!

Thanks

Early days so not too fussed yet that best AHI I've had so far is 5.4. Will give it a couple of weeks to see if that comes down. Beats an average 43 without therapy, though.
May try some other mask configurations, and a different chinstrap as well. All of which is worth the effort as I'll have real INFORMATION on what goes on during my sleep time.

Actually starting to look forward to going to sleep at night. Not had that experience for a loooong time.

I was given the Airsense 10 and changed it to Airsense 10 for Her during the first 30 days and both were completely quiet (or I am deaf)! I find my diffuser makes more sound than the Airsense for Her.

I noticed you used two different masks. I found the P10 gave me higher AHIs. If you have Sleepyhead you can monitor your progress and tweek it. My diagnosed pressure was 7-11, after noticing that I touched the 11 mark quite often, I switched it to 7.5-12, EPR 2, Ramp Off and it made a major difference.

It is great getting restorative sleep and have dreams! The best part is not waking every 30 minutes with the urge to have to go to the bathroom.

Good luck to you!
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-16-2015, 07:14 PM)AirSign Wrote:
(04-16-2015, 05:55 PM)truetopath Wrote: Congrats on the new machine! Hopefully, your AHI will come down. What was the CA, OA, Hypopnea break down on Sleepyhead?

If I'm reading this correctly, last night's numbers:
AHI 6.44

Clear Airway 4 events
Hypopnea 21 events
Large Leak 18 events
Obstructive 28 events
RERA 1 event

Not sure I know what all that means.
Did adjust Exhalation Relief to 3, but everything else is the same as in my profile. Still sleepy a lot during the day.

If I did the math right (28+21+5)/6.44, you got a little over 8 hours time on the CPAP that night. Not bad at all. I'm sure your AHI will come down as you continue.

Good luck with the special quiet machine!

QAL
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  nasal congestion relief sleepingbetterinFl 2 158 03-23-2024, 01:54 PM
Last Post: sleepingbetterinFl
  Muggzy's Therapy Thread - My quest for relief Muggzy 6 598 01-07-2024, 06:32 PM
Last Post: Muggzy
  Isn't Resmed's Expiratory Pressure Relief really Inspiratory Pressure Support?? Reznik 122 18,641 12-09-2023, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Kathy14225
  [Pressure] relief from high pressure sistrunk 3 382 08-20-2023, 11:14 AM
Last Post: Millstone50
  Desperately seeking relief - Pressure help robporky88 13 1,023 03-12-2023, 05:32 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  BIPAP vs Expiratory pressure relief KReardon 5 754 12-02-2022, 04:58 PM
Last Post: KReardon
  Pressure Relief Features (JCSM article) DaveCar 13 1,078 09-07-2022, 09:10 AM
Last Post: SleepyHenry2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.