Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Ahi down to near 0 or 0, but swallowing air + still mouth leaks (with masking tape)
RE: Ahi down to near 0 or 0, but swallowing air + still mouth leaks (with masking tape)
(07-25-2014, 06:48 PM)Canadian_Jesus Wrote: I use a full face mask with no problems at all. My AHI is usually below 5. What I do is I wash it after every use to get the facial oils off of it, and I shower before bed so that my face is clean also. The absence (or relative absence) of oils means that I have minimal issues with leaks with my Mirage Quattro. I have never been able to adapt to a nasal mask, so I would not be able to tell you whether or not my sleep quality is better or worse with my ffm compared to a nasal one.

I second this. While I got along well with nasal pillows for a long time and I would advise people to give pillows/nasal masks their best shot, I finally gave in and switched to a full face mask, it's really not all that bad.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Ahi down to near 0 or 0, but swallowing air + still mouth leaks (with masking tape)
Poli grip gel applied as directions except to your lips instead and chinstrap It will seal your lips firmly but you can open your mouth if you consciously need too. wet wash cloth takes it off
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mouth leak with new machine LaraM 0 32 9 hours ago
Last Post: LaraM
  How do I reduce mouth leaking? meatheadmd 6 374 Yesterday, 01:42 PM
Last Post: Old Codger
  Evora FFM Phantom Leaks psinderbrand 6 284 03-26-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: psinderbrand
  Mouth Tape Tradegy PappaJoe 5 317 03-23-2024, 01:49 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  OSCAR flow rate assessment -- mouth leaks, palatal prolapse? manders513 9 230 03-22-2024, 06:16 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  relationship to flow rate and leaks sleepingbetterinFl 2 139 03-19-2024, 10:47 AM
Last Post: sleepingbetterinFl
  Concerned about large leaks sleepingbetterinFl 5 161 03-14-2024, 05:56 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.