Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Ahi readings vary with machine
Ahi readings vary with machine
I am on vacation and using my backup machine.  
My airsense10 autoset is my regular machine and ahi varies between 1-2.  
My backup machine is s9autoset.  Using the s9 past 2 days with identical pressure and epr settings ahi day one 6.6 day two 4.4.
Not sure why?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Ahi readings vary with machine
Different hours, different bed, different diet, all these things can change while on vacation and can affect your AHI in the short term. I wouldn't worry about it.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Also different machines, having different components and different algorithms for responding to your breathing.  ResMed has a long history of continuous improvement which (sadly for those of us who get attached to stuff or who can't bear to throw stuff away) makes previous generations of devices obsolete.

Your S9 is a great machine for backup (much more so than my S8) but I would be more confident about the AirSense data. That being said, it is wise to pay close attention to the AHI.  As Walla Walla said, there are reasonable conditions that would cause fluctuations (umm, spikes I suppose is a better way to put it) in your AHI.  Don't let having a/some spike/s interfere with your vacation!
Post Reply Post Reply
All makes a lot of sense .  Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
Yankees, as you know different apnea events require different responses. If obstructive, increase pressure, if CA, it is probably sleep disturbance or lower pressure. Enjoy the vacation. I usually just take my regular machine along.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Will check it out sleeprider.  I thought you used your backup machine when you travel?
Thanks for all your advice!
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-24-2018, 09:55 PM)yankees123 Wrote: Will check it out sleeprider.  I thought you used your backup machine when you travel?

He does travel with his backup cord though. Laugh-a-lot
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-24-2018, 09:55 PM)yankees123 Wrote: Will check it out sleeprider.  I thought you used your backup machine when you travel?

(05-24-2018, 10:43 PM)Walla Walla Wrote:

He does travel with his backup cord though. Laugh-a-lot

My last trip was with my primary machine, and the AC adapter malfunctioned on the last day.  I use the Philips backup on the motorcycle so it can operate on a battery.  The SD card slot on the Philips no longer holds a card in place, so I tend not to use it much.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-25-2018, 07:46 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: <snip>
...  The SD card slot on the Philips no longer holds a card in place, so I tend not to use it much.

Sleeprider, one word: Gorilla Tape! Dielaughing
Post Reply Post Reply
I wouldn't worry what the AHI is while on holiday, as long as you feel fine, which you might not if you drink and stuff yourself full of food you don't normally eat, not to mention all the extra drink if you drink.
Enjoy your holiday and worry about your AHI when you get home and back on your normal machine.   Cool
I am NOT a doctor.  I try to help, but do not take what I say as medical advice.

Every journey, however large or small starts with the first step.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Big Gap In Readings - Hours of use too short an4g745 12 475 03-01-2024, 06:50 PM
Last Post: an4g745
  [Health] Pulse oximeter readings while asleep and awake - what do these readings mean? SleepyButHopeful 11 672 02-26-2024, 03:17 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Side sleeper vs. Back sleeper readings Bob Cali 4 401 02-21-2024, 09:54 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  OSCAR pressure readings versus BIPAP display smallhandsfeeding 0 155 02-07-2024, 05:33 PM
Last Post: smallhandsfeeding
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 283 262,157 11-10-2023, 10:24 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Love a follow up on my OSCAR readings plz! Captain Howdy 72 6,189 10-22-2023, 07:04 AM
Last Post: Captain Howdy
  [Diagnosis] Request observations on readings/Leaks Bob Cali 11 1,089 07-29-2023, 07:45 AM
Last Post: Bob Cali

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.