Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Ahi still 2-3.5, increase pressure?
Ahi still 2-3.5, increase pressure?
My apap is set 7-12 and my 90% pressure is 8.5
Ahi is 2-3
Should I bump it to 8 and see?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Ahi still 2-3.5, increase pressure?
Need history and charts to see.
Post Reply Post Reply
I increased to 8-12 instead of 7-12 and the mouth leaks have been horrible for the 2 nights.
The mask itself doesn't leak, but I leak like a whale through my mouth.

My AHI is less, but I leak like hell. Even at 7.

Try an amara view instead of a nasal mask? I'm so sick of trying to breathe through my nose and waking up to mouth leaks.....
Post Reply Post Reply
You could try taping your lips, a chinstrap and/or a cervical collar. Personally I'd go for a Simplus or Resmed F20, or else the Amara View you mentioned.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have tried full face masks with not much success-most recent has been the Amara View but the results have never been as good as the Dreamware nasal cushion. The problem however with any type of nasal mask is the old mouth breathing- if you are like me and have had to breath through your mouth all your life because of allergies etc. the only answer I have found is mouth taping- it can be a pain sometimes but I do it religiously each night. In, addition, I also wear a chin strap to try and give it a double barreled approach. Try taping and see if that helps. Good Luck!
Post Reply Post Reply
Look up nose vents on your favorite search engine. I use the dreamwear nasal mask, have a deviated septum, severe allergies, and typically mouth breathe. However, these tubes have worked perfect for me. They are silicone tubes that go into your nose and hold your nostrils open and with the design of the dreamwear nasal mask they don't compromise the seal.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have been breathing through my mouth all my life, and it's just in my brain, and when I fall asleep I try to breathe through my mouth and leak like hell....
I don't care so much and the therapy seems to work, but my wife is very annoyed by the noise so I need to fix that.

And I'm not taping my mouth because that's just wrong to me.
I don't get the chinstrap/tape thing, when a simple answer would just be a FFM.

I think that trying an amara view mask would be an option maybe, but the therapist keeps telling me that it's not as good and I won't like it.
Well, I'm not taping my mouth, and I'm not keeping the machine if I upset my wife leaking a ton...

(09-15-2017, 09:43 AM)kingstar Wrote: Look up nose vents on your favorite search engine. I use the dreamwear nasal mask, have a deviated septum, severe allergies, and typically mouth breathe. However, these tubes have worked perfect for me. They are silicone tubes that go into your nose and hold your nostrils open and with the design of the dreamwear nasal mask they don't compromise the seal.

I can easily breathe through my nose with the cpap and the nasal mask, it's just that my brain goes into mouth mode as soon as I sleep....
Post Reply Post Reply
If the Dreamwear hadn't worked for me I was going to try the Respironics FitLife. It actually goes over your whole face. From what I read it helps with claustrophobia because most of the mask is out of your field of vision. Some say the seal is better because it seals on the bony parts of your face.
Post Reply Post Reply
Unless the therapist has the same facial shape as you do, I would say the Amara View is worth trying. It can be a little finicky to get to seal, but once that's taken care of it works very well for me. The sizing chart seems to be based on the distance from tip of nose to lip, so choosing the right size may take some experimentation.
I switch off between the Amara View and the Wisp. I need a chin strap and/or cervical collar with the Wisp, of course. My chin strap of choice is a Topaz Style that I found on Amazon.
I would closely question the therapist as to why the AV is 'not as good' - not as good as what? It works well for me. (Oops, I already said that!)
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Large Increase in AHI with F20 Mask David milt 3 151 03-13-2024, 07:15 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Do you think I should increase my pressure based on this OSCAR data? mallowsweet 22 1,261 02-25-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: mallowsweet
  [Pressure] More tired after pressure increase EndarSpire 8 431 02-09-2024, 07:01 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Pressure] DreaamStation Stays at virtually constant pressure; Significant AHI increase Tom Buck 6 405 01-06-2024, 09:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Sudden Increase in AHI Score mawaw1992 13 2,213 12-11-2023, 04:59 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Isn't Resmed's Expiratory Pressure Relief really Inspiratory Pressure Support?? Reznik 122 18,638 12-09-2023, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Kathy14225
Question [CPAP] Can a chin strap increase your AHI? Kinnu 4 681 10-28-2023, 11:39 AM
Last Post: Gideon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.