Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Frustrated VPAPAuto Newbie
RE: Frustrated VPAPAuto Newbie
(08-15-2015, 12:22 AM)quiescence at last Wrote: Hey tommy - That is an incredibly well adapted mouth-tape mod! I like it! And I am against the taping process. you can then also sip water thru a straw (I know that is really the reason you popped the hole in it!)

Dear Tommy,
Sorry I haven't responded to your post sooner. Have to admit you are thinking outside of the box. And look at the results! AHI 20 down to 5 ish.
So this will go on my list too, after I get more experience. Getting a different mask soon from my DME. Need to stay focused on managing small changes and then assessing the results.

Hey, welcome to oldbro!

Thank you. Appreciate any and all comments and suggestions.

I have a trick for you - while sleeping on your side, turn your face directly up, use a scrunched up/rolled up pillow to press against the side of your face. Ironically, this seems not to result in same obstructions as if your face is up while on your back. And, the mask is not being wiped off your face.

By the way, you know you probably have worse apnea on your back. Most people do. So read up on sewing the tennis ball in the back of your night shirt.

I was surprised that the OA events seemed to be happening at higher pressures. Am I seeing things?

In the one snapshot I was able to post above, I think it was higher pressures in response to apneas. At least that is what I recall. Sometimes hard to judge the cause and effect, because I always end up being awakened by the mask blow out.

I just want to get to a point where I can consistently get a good nights' sleep with the PAP. Then I can work on finding the right variables for better therapy. More details later after I get some PAP time with a new mask.

I applaud your adjustment of max to 16ish or maybe a bit less - to ensure that you will not be agitated by the higher pressure.

Good luck!

QAL
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help Lowering a Varying AHI for a Newbie rtkierke 16 379 Yesterday, 05:41 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  newbie looking to get machine dialed in Jpm6179 3 130 03-25-2024, 07:42 AM
Last Post: Jpm6179
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 189 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  Newbie kindly asking for OSCAR analysis ash630 5 200 03-20-2024, 02:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Frustrated as unable to get AHI's less than 5 and have difficulty sleeping. . rltarbu 21 813 03-19-2024, 10:25 AM
Last Post: rltarbu
  [CPAP] [NEWBIE] I cannot sleep with CPAP colethegamer 11 480 03-06-2024, 10:58 AM
Last Post: colethegamer
  Newbie with extreme swallowing air Burrells5 3 265 02-28-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: robbob2112

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.