Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AifFit Nasal (N10) vs. Pillows (P10)
AifFit Nasal (N10) vs. Pillows (P10)
Can anyone explain why when I switched from the AirFit P10 (pillows system) to the N10 (Nasal mask) and held everything else constant, my average AHI went from 12.0 to under 0.5 Average pressure and leak rate remained about the same for both the N10 and P10. My AirSense10 Autoset device mask setting was appropriately set for nasal or pillow. Thanks for your insight.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: AifFit Nasal (N10) vs. Pillows (P10)
Who knows, really? There's always a difference between masks. Some go up, some go down. Each mask type delivers the air slightly differently. The pressure is the same but is delivered differently.

And could also be aliens.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
I am a new S-10 user, and through 2 weeks of unscientific study, I may switch to an N10. I am 1st going to try the chin strap, although my AHI is considerably lower than yours, almost consistently 0.4

I always get a high % of leakage, hence the chin strap trail 1st.

Good luck, I'm to new a user to offer any advice.Dont-know

(08-03-2015, 11:37 AM)ROSIE Wrote: Can anyone explain why when I switched from the AirFit P10 (pillows system) to the N10 (Nasal mask) and held everything else constant, my average AHI went from 12.0 to under 0.5 Average pressure and leak rate remained about the same for both the N10 and P10. My AirSense10 Autoset device mask setting was appropriately set for nasal or pillow. Thanks for your insight.

Post Reply Post Reply
Rosie: Quote"My AirSense10 Autoset device mask setting was appropriately set for nasal or pillow. "

Actually, my reading of the N10 manual (pg 7) said the setting for S9 should be for 'pillows'. I don't know why, or just what it affects; I just thought I should mention it in case it makes a difference. I'm assuming it would be the same for the AS10. It does make switching between the N10 and the P10 (a little) easier.

How do you like the P10? I thought the rigid housing was digging into my upper lip - but perhaps the straps weren't adjusted correctly.
Post Reply Post Reply
I recently found out yesterday that a mask system is more prone to leak than a pillow. (unscientific).
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-03-2015, 06:28 PM)pholynyk Wrote: How do you like the P10? I thought the rigid housing was digging into my upper lip - but perhaps the straps weren't adjusted correctly.

The tip I got when I had this issue was to toss the hose behind me up and over my bed pillow, pulling it slightly off my lip. Solved it for me and hope it does the same for you.

Post Reply Post Reply
(08-13-2015, 05:43 PM)ginzo Wrote: I recently found out yesterday that a mask system is more prone to leak than a pillow. (unscientific).

Probably true. There is more seal area on a nasal mask and more irregularities in skin surface where a leak can happen.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Difficulty Exhaling with Nasal Pillows? chill 23 10,755 03-26-2024, 06:13 AM
Last Post: 40plus
  Nasal irrigation sleepingbetterinFl 8 316 03-11-2024, 10:50 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Nasal pillows vs. cradle GOIRISH65 8 389 03-04-2024, 07:44 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Flow Limitations Full Face Mask vs Pillows wickedsleepy 4 394 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: wickedsleepy
Question Snoring worse with FFM vs pillows PaulaO2 12 933 01-28-2024, 12:25 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  Resmed Airfit P30i Nasal Pillows Mask Leak Question fuzz 2 482 01-25-2024, 03:10 PM
Last Post: fuzz
Question [Equipment] Fullface or Nasal? Jose Castro 10 862 01-17-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.