Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Air Blowing Thru Sinus and Out of Eyes?
Smile 
RE: Air Blowing Thru Sinus and Out of Eyes?
UPDATE - I was able to get an appointment with a Dr. and saw her few days ago. I also had started itching along my jawline, then neck, the back of my hands, up my arms and thighs. She thought I might be allergic to the silicone in the nasal pillows. She's wasn't very knowledgeable on CPAP masks and had the DME supplier reach out to me for alternatives and prescribed similar to Clariton. The DME suggested gel pillows. Worn for 2 nights and so far so good! The itching has subsided as well.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-15-2018, 01:45 PM)manjojam Wrote: and had the DME supplier reach out to me for alternatives and prescribed similar to Clariton. The DME suggested gel pillows. Worn for 2 nights and so far so good! The itching has subsided as well.

Cool, i hope this solves the issue for you going forward :-)
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi manjojam,
I too, suffer with eye irritation.  I’ve convinced myself that the direct air from the nasal pillow sometimes blows into the eye ducts.  Of course, my ophthalmologist discredits my theory.  I love my P10 mask, so I’ve found some ways to alleviate the discomfort.

I use gel type eye drops, and an eye ointment at night.  I also use an eye mask.  It’s worth a few extra bucks to buy a good mask.  Check out Amazon.  Look for a mask that is contoured (not flat against the eyes.)
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Air can leak out of your nose into your eye. It's through what's called the nasolacrimal duct. Google it.

If you can learn to use it without nose plugs, an oral mask will fix this problem 100% since there will be no pressure in your nose. There are downsides to an oral mask.

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...e-Problems

A total face mask that covers most of your face will fix this as well, since there is pressure on both sides of the nasolacrimal ducts.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Eyes Duncansleeps 17 2,189 04-15-2024, 06:56 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Sinus issues with CPAP Luka07 14 533 04-12-2024, 01:58 PM
Last Post: Luka07
  Sinus issues during therapy befoulmetalroosa 1 358 11-17-2023, 08:04 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Dreamstation 2 vs. Aircurve 10 (Dry, Puffy Eyes) MrIvanDrago 15 1,128 11-09-2023, 03:44 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Resmed Airsense 11 blowing full power with no leaks bcodemz 2 937 10-29-2023, 07:57 PM
Last Post: bcodemz
  Nose mask vs nasal cushions and leak dry eyes silverdr 6 967 09-22-2023, 06:51 PM
Last Post: KeepingItSimple
Question Pressure on eyes, what could be the reason? newbieusa 4 544 09-20-2023, 02:18 PM
Last Post: UnknownActor

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.