Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Air Curve Humidifier Tank Removal
Air Curve Humidifier Tank Removal
Has ResMed changed the design of the humidifier tank and connectors on the Air Curve ST? My wife has  a loaner Air Curve which was delivered without a tank. (She already has an Air Curve and I have the Air Sense). The tank is extremely difficult to remove. It is almost like a seal forms between the machine and the tank where the airflow enters and leaves the tank. On my Air Sense the tank slides right out and right back in again. On a side note, her original Air Sense tank took a little work to slide it out, but nothing like this one. We have seen this hard to remove with multiple tanks including mine.

Thoughts? TIA.
Homer

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Monitors are also Advisory Members, just with Extra Work assigned.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Air Curve Humidifier Tank Removal
I'm wondering if Resmed redesigned the internal seals to address the air noise complaints.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
FWIW I was issued a new AirCurve 10 ASV last week. I used my old humidifier tub. It was tight to install. I did find you need to pinch the top down a bit to get it to release. Even so, it was a bit tighter than the other unit. I'm discounting differences just a bit with the age differences in machines.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
My Resmed tank has always been very snug.
Post Reply Post Reply
Mine is hard to remove. I have to use one hand to hold the machine and grab the tank with the other and pull real hard.
Neither does it slide in place easily.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sounds like they did do a redesign. My wife's machine is a loaner as the insurance paperwork got screwed up and the doc worked to get us a temporary machine until the paperwork caught up. On older sleep study got sent instead of the latest one. Mine I can simply pull straight out without any issues. WE have tried squeezing the resevoir and that helps a little. Rocking it also helps.

In a nutshell, this proves I'm not crazy, at least on this issues. Others, we're still not sure.   Too-funny Too-funny
Homer

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Monitors are also Advisory Members, just with Extra Work assigned.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
The tabs that lock the reservoir in place are on the top of the tank. When you grab the reservoir to remove it, push down on the white plastic on the top to compress the seal and lower the top piece of plastic slightly. The reservoir should then be relatively easy to pull out. Sometimes rocking from side to side or up and down helps.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yep that's what I have to do more so on the new vs the old machine.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The water reservoir on my machine must be broken in. I don't have to depress the white tab on top of the tank. I just take hold wherever and it slips right out.  Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
My machine is well broken in. On the wife's machine we have pushed the white tab and squeezed the tank, but it doesn't seem to make any difference. Rocking it side to side has helped.
Homer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Foam Removal - Philips System One peewee44 47 10,615 03-26-2024, 05:46 AM
Last Post: jojopuppyfish
  Should I Buy It..Air Curve 10 VAuto WW4B 2 221 02-24-2024, 03:35 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Humidifier Chamber Leaks - Resmed 10 Old Mike 20 768 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  [CPAP] Dry mouth despite humidifier and full face mask Tactful3149 2 446 02-13-2024, 03:25 PM
Last Post: Tactful3149
  AirSense 10 heating & humidifier issue Wingnut Warrior 2 353 02-08-2024, 11:13 PM
Last Post: Wingnut Warrior
Exclaimation Wisdom tooth removal causes sleep apnea? esaulcatnas 0 336 12-14-2023, 08:22 PM
Last Post: esaulcatnas
  Extra Humidifier Water in Arid Climates DFWdude 19 2,161 12-13-2023, 08:23 AM
Last Post: car54

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.