Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Air Filter Falls Out
Ohmy 
Air Filter Falls Out
Am I the only one who's air filter falls out when I exhale?

Well, that is a bit of an exageration. It only falls out when I cough, so far as I know, but apparently I may cough more often than I realize. Not every night, but maybe 3 or 4 nights each week I find the filter has fallen out over night.

I use a ResMed Mirage Quatro mask and PR System One "brick" with the foam filter that you just shove into the air intake and resistance is supposed to hold it in place. I thought about using some tape to hold it in, but I don't want to add too much air flow restriction.

Is this a common problem or am I just a heavy breather?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Air Filter Falls Out
Are you referring to the white disposable filter or the gray "non-disposable" filter that goes over the white disposable filter?
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Dont-know

I have a PR RemSTAR Plus, it has such heavy plastic snaps on the filter retainer it's a challenge to get the old filter out to wash it.

Is there some kind of retainer you can get for your CPAP?

"With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable." - Thomas Foxwell Buxton

Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-25-2013, 07:33 PM)Shastzi Wrote: Dont-know

I have a PR RemSTAR Plus, it has such heavy plastic snaps on the filter retainer it's a challenge to get the old filter out to wash it.

I have the same machine and the non-disposable is held in by friction. Nice thought though. Thanks
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
It's a common problem. Some people put a rubber band all the way around the machine to keep it from falling out.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
Resmed uses a filter cover on the S9 to keep the filter in place
[Image: s9-filter-cover.jpg]
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-25-2013, 10:25 PM)zonk Wrote: Resmed uses a filter cover on the S9 to keep the filter in place

Whoa! Mine does not have a filter cover. I noticed the filter didn't seem to be very firmly in place. Now I know why.

I guess a call to Supplier #2 is on tomorrow's to-do list.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-26-2013, 12:16 AM)JJJ Wrote:
(03-25-2013, 10:25 PM)zonk Wrote: Resmed uses a filter cover on the S9 to keep the filter in place

Whoa! Mine does not have a filter cover. I noticed the filter didn't seem to be very firmly in place. Now I know why.

I guess a call to Supplier #2 is on tomorrow's to-do list.
Hmm, I got a filter cover with my machine, it's strange that you wouldn't have gotten one with yours.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-25-2013, 07:31 PM)cbramsey Wrote: Are you referring to the white disposable filter or the gray "non-disposable" filter that goes over the white disposable filter?

Both. They both fall out onto the table, usually together.

(03-25-2013, 07:33 PM)Shastzi Wrote: Dont-know

I have seen no reference to one in the manual and see no obvious sign of how one would be attached. Probalby would have to ask my DME to be sure.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-25-2013, 09:58 PM)archangle Wrote: It's a common problem. Some people put a rubber band all the way around the machine to keep it from falling out.

That is a better thought than the duct tape that came to my mind. Grin

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Should I turn on the AB Filter option on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters? cLoo 10 837 03-22-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Filter types vs. original for AirSense 10 fotjon 3 117 03-21-2024, 12:57 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  ResMed S10 Air Filter Options MoreBeers 9 1,874 12-08-2023, 12:34 PM
Last Post: DancesWithCats
Wink Replacing filter fiber in N30i and P30i QuietAir vents - possible! PurpleOx 2 3,179 08-16-2023, 02:58 PM
Last Post: Konomoose
  [Equipment] cleaning the filter on a nasal mask msherman1000 3 909 06-23-2023, 11:36 AM
Last Post: YipeekiOH
  Adding a true HEPA filter to APAP for california wild fire smoke Stom 25 5,804 03-23-2023, 09:15 AM
Last Post: JLRINCT
  AirSense 10 & 11 filter comparison ejbpesca 0 817 02-21-2023, 05:02 AM
Last Post: ejbpesca

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.