Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Air Fit P10 mask question
Air Fit P10 mask question
I know we're all different, but I was wondering if anyone has found that the Air Fit P10 mask leaves marks on your head and face? When I ordered this mask the DME sent me the Air Fit P10 for Her version which seemed alright at first. But I've since realized that maybe I need to order the men's version if it is a little bigger? I find it annoying to get up each morning with marks from the headgear that seem to last forever.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Air Fit P10 mask question
I don't have that problem, in fact exactly the opposite. Could it be you have the strap adjusted too tight? You spread the cut pieces to loosen the headgear.

Not to be rude, but it almost sounds like you have the F10 FFM instead of the P10 Nasal pillows? Is that possible? I use both and at my pressure I need to have the F10 tight, and it leaves marks all over my face. The P10 on the other hand has never left a mark on me - it sounds like if it is the P10, that it is way too tight.
I am not a Medical professional and I don't play one on the internet.
Started CPAP Therapy April 5, 2016
I'd Rather Be Sleeping
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-23-2016, 09:35 AM)FrankNichols Wrote: I don't have that problem, in fact exactly the opposite. Could it be you have the strap adjusted too tight? You spread the cut pieces to loosen the headgear.

Not to be rude, but it almost sounds like you have the F10 FFM instead of the P10 Nasal pillows? Is that possible? I use both and at my pressure I need to have the F10 tight, and it leaves marks all over my face. The P10 on the other hand has never left a mark on me - it sounds like if it is the P10, that it is way too tight.

You're not rude, but I don't have the F10 FFM. It is the P10 nasal pillows for 'her' version. The hair stylist that cuts my hair has mentioned it several times that she can see "indents" from the straps on the top of my head and around the back of my head. I do try to keep the straps spread far enough apart, although that can be a challenge because I toss and turn during the night thus displacing the straps of the mask.

Post Reply Post Reply
I have the male version, wore it the first time last night. If you want to compare: with no tension but to keep the straps straight, from cut part of the straps to the hoseline (nose adapter removed) there's right about 10 inches.

Hope that helps.
Post Reply Post Reply
Google and locate cheek pads that you can put on the straps that might help ameliorate your issue.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Breas Z2 - mask question/air noise sallym 0 218 03-07-2024, 04:17 PM
Last Post: sallym
  Resmed Airfit P30i Nasal Pillows Mask Leak Question fuzz 2 535 01-25-2024, 03:10 PM
Last Post: fuzz
  Philips DreamWear FFM mask size question cps22 0 344 11-09-2023, 02:33 PM
Last Post: cps22
  [Equipment] SD card question and mask leak issue when side sleeping KingsIndian 1 441 10-13-2023, 08:41 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Question QUICK QUESTION [mask leak issues] johduv 6 621 09-27-2023, 04:41 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Newbie Question about mask and hose compatability stalemate365 0 385 05-31-2023, 09:27 AM
Last Post: stalemate365
Question Dreamwear Full Face Mask Question. egmonster 2 599 04-07-2023, 10:00 AM
Last Post: egmonster

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.