Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Air Leaks Wisp
Air Leaks Wisp
Hi,
I am have air leaks towards the top of the nose bridge. Any ideas in what to do?
Ron
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Air Leaks Wisp
(06-22-2013, 06:52 PM)packgreen49 Wrote: Hi,
I am have air leaks towards the top of the nose bridge. Any ideas in what to do?
Ron
I don,t use the Wisp, try loosen the straps or even different mask
Its common to try multiple masks until you meet the right one works for you

Post Reply Post Reply
I have tried different styles of masks, but this was the best for me.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-22-2013, 06:52 PM)packgreen49 Wrote: I am have air leaks towards the top of the nose bridge. Any ideas in what to do?

Ron, the Wisp has several adjustment positions with the velcro ends of the bands, and you can also adjust the position of the bands on the head. I found that it worked best when I make sure the top band is straight across the top of my head and not back so it is sort of above the ears. I also had a lot of leaks in general until I tightened up the straps a lot. Note that the last comment is contrary to conventional wisdom, which is "looser is better." I'm here to tell you that conventional wisdom is not always right. Keep tweaking the adjustments until you get the leaks under control, and don't be afraid to try it a bit tighter.
Post Reply Post Reply
Technologist at the sleep lab I went to is strongly of the opinion that looser is not better. He tightened my mask a lot. I now have red marks on my face in the morning, but think I am sleeping better.
Post Reply Post Reply
OK. I will try both suggestions tonight. I am afraid of making it too tight because the tabs might break away from the mask. It happened before. I am using my second mask in about 4 months.
Ron
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-23-2013, 01:07 PM)packgreen49 Wrote: OK. I will try both suggestions tonight. I am afraid of making it too tight because the tabs might break away from the mask. It happened before. I am using my second mask in about 4 months.
Ron

I use my wisp without the tabs because they kept on breaking. I just removed them and put the straps from the headgear through the mask. I loosen the straps when I take the mask off. No problems.
Post Reply Post Reply
Everyone thanks for the help. The last 3 nights, I have used moleskin around my nose. I am not getting air leaks. My next step will be to get the gel nose pad.
Ron
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Evora FFM Phantom Leaks psinderbrand 8 442 04-09-2024, 11:43 PM
Last Post: QT Pie
  OSCAR flow rate assessment -- mouth leaks, palatal prolapse? manders513 9 338 03-22-2024, 06:16 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  Help regarding managing leaks Strange54 0 139 03-09-2024, 10:12 AM
Last Post: Strange54
  Chin cushion for mouth leaks AReedy 9 557 02-25-2024, 09:38 PM
Last Post: AReedy
  Humidifier Chamber Leaks - Resmed 10 Old Mike 20 891 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  [Treatment] Are leaks the problem or do I need BIPAP? TiredDude 3 373 02-22-2024, 07:52 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Equipment] Hybrid mask discontinued, new AirFit 30 leaks! LessSleepyHalf 3 1,036 02-18-2024, 11:06 AM
Last Post: Jay51

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.