Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Air Mini Noise solutions?
RE: Air Mini Noise solutions?
(08-15-2018, 11:43 AM)sonicboom Wrote:
(08-15-2018, 09:12 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: If you block the vents in the humidity chamber, you are trapping exhaled air and will not get an assured flow of fresh air. Do Not tape those vents closed.  If you can attach a regular P10 mask, that would be safe but you will not get the humidity exchange.

....not to mention but also by doing so you will likely void any warranty coming with the product.

Trust me, it's a bad idea.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Sleeprider,

thanks for that info..........

Update:

1: I have purchased a new tube and connected the standard P10 Mask, this seems to work Ok but it's still a little noisy, my only concern is that in different Countries the air maybe a little dry so..........

2: I Purchased a new AirMini Tube and made some modifications, by moving the Humidex Chamber around 2 feet closer to the machine and down the side of the

bed instead of on my chest, keeping the P10 Mask set up as AirMini original. I did try this before I finalized it all and exhaled air reaches the Humidex OK. If this cures it, I will post some pics of how I did it...

Regards & Happy Sleep
Arooga1
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-23-2018, 08:33 PM)Walla Walla Wrote: [Image: PUd2eapt.jpg]

This might help.

I (and my partner) have found these invaluable!! Wink
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-21-2018, 12:01 AM)Arooga1 Wrote: Hi Sleeprider,

Update:

1: I have purchased a new tube and connected the standard P10 Mask, this seems to work Ok but it's still a little noisy, my only concern is that in different Countries the air maybe a little dry so..........

2: I Purchased a new AirMini Tube and made some modifications, by moving the Humidex Chamber around 2 feet closer to the machine and down the side of the

bed instead of on my chest, keeping the P10 Mask set up as AirMini original. I did try this before I finalized it all and exhaled air reaches the Humidex OK.  If this cures it, I will post some pics of how I did it...

Regards & Happy Sleep
Arooga1

Your mask modification slightly increases the dead space in the mask, but it should pose no problem.  Glad to hear it is working out better and quieter.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-21-2018, 08:24 AM)Sleeprider Wrote:
(08-21-2018, 12:01 AM)Arooga1 Wrote: Hi Sleeprider,

Update:

bed instead of on my chest, keeping the P10 Mask set up as AirMini original. I did try this before I finalized it all and exhaled air reaches the Humidex OK.  If this cures it, I will post some pics of how I did it...

Regards & Happy Sleep
Arooga1

Your mask modification slightly increases the dead space in the mask, but it should pose no problem.  Glad to hear it is working out better and quieter.

Hello All,

so I have tried this for a while and it works well.........(noise wise)

The only problem I have found is that moving the HumidX around 2 feet, now creates a lot of condensation in the pipe even with a tube cover. To they point that I am able to feel it in my nose....I am not sure how it will be in Air Con, but in a standard room this issue makes it a no go.......

Any ideas?
Post Reply Post Reply
Using a tube cover is a good idea. Is it possible to eliminate the foam material in the HME? All you need is the longer tube and a vent, and I think the HME module is overkill. This will be the same as fabricating an Enhanced Expiratory Rebreathing Space (EERS) http://www.sleepmedicineusa.com/UserFile...(EERS).pdf,

EERS simply uses two 6-inch segments of Corr-A-Flex tubing (12-inches), and attaches to an inline mask vent like the one in your AirMini P10, but without the HME. If it is possible to shorten your extra tubing or use corr-a-flex, and remove the internal media of your HME, I think that might solve the condensation.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Dumb unrelated question but can't find the snowier anywhere

Is there an SD card in the air mini - bought one for traveling but I can't seem to find the card and want to be able to track the nights I use this machine - am I being thick or is there simply not one fitted ?

Rob
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-20-2018, 10:47 PM)Technopauper Wrote: Dumb unrelated question but can't find the snowier anywhere

Is there an SD card in the air mini - bought one for traveling but I can't seem to find the card and want to be able to track the nights I use this machine - am I being thick or is there simply not one fitted ?

Rob

As far as I know the air mini does not have an SD card it is one of its limitations and a good reason not to use one. It uses Bluetooth and a mobile app to upload its data to Resmed/my air
Post Reply Post Reply
As I had previously posted,

I am using my standard P10 mask from my Airsense 10 with the airmini hose. I removed the NOISY Humidix chamber and connected the P10 hose to the air mini hose by getting a 12" slimeline hose from Amazon. I use auto ramp and my settings are 4-20, but usually around 8.

The problem is that unlike the airsense 10, there is constant noise/ pressure pushing through the hose creating noise when I am between an inhale and an exhale. It does not occur on the airsense 10 but on the mini it sure is there!

Does anyone have ideas on how I can reduce this noise? I have no issues sleeping with my Airsense 10 and none of this noise. For some reason the Airmini is in constant state of pressure while my airsense seems to allow me to inhale and exhale without this constant noise/pressure!

Oh, and to help reduce noise even further, I usually put the air mini in the nightstand drawer and leave the drawer cracked a small amount enough to let the hose come out.

I travel frequently for work and would really like to make the air mini work!
Post Reply Post Reply
Can you post a link to the hose you ordered?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Air Mini issues Bous 0 54 Yesterday, 08:14 AM
Last Post: Bous
Angry AirTouch N20 - digs into cheek - any solutions? Lilaq88 2 609 03-26-2024, 03:16 PM
Last Post: Valtor
  [Treatment] Clear airway / central apnea events -- causes and solutions? mitzvahtime 6 2,399 03-25-2024, 04:10 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  Airmini noise question sfr79 38 20,268 03-20-2024, 09:22 PM
Last Post: Blausser
Video [Equipment] Resmed AS10 Water Chamber Noise SOLUTION fixed it 0 90 03-18-2024, 12:36 PM
Last Post: fixed it
  Any experiences with BMC M1 Mini travel Auto CP?AP DrJelly 4 673 03-15-2024, 01:18 PM
Last Post: DrJelly
  Breas Z2 - mask question/air noise sallym 0 142 03-07-2024, 04:17 PM
Last Post: sallym

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.