Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: Mirage FX
Humidifier: Respironics System One Heated Humidifier
CPAP Pressure: 6
CPAP Software: Not using software SleepyHead

Other Comments:

Sex: Female

RE: Air Pressure on New Machine
Whoops ~~ new model is RemStar Pro, not Plus.
08-22-2014 06:36 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
archangle Offline
Wiki Editor
Advisory Members

Machine: ResMed S9 AutoSet
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Swift FX
Humidifier: ResMed S9 H5i
CPAP Pressure: 16-20
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead EncoreBasic

Other Comments: Happy PAPper

Sex: Undisclosed

Is it possible you had Flex or ramp turned on with the old machine and not with the new one?

6 is the pressure, not the flow rate. 6 is really low, it shouldn't be a problem. The machine tries to keep a fixed pressure on the hose and blows however many liters of air is needed to keep the pressure constant.

On the Swift FX, don't over tighten it. The pillows should sort of inflate into your nostrils. Mine fits very loosely, almost just resting on my lip. You might have the wrong size pillows.

Be sure that the pillows aren't upside down. They should be wider at the bottom. There's an inner and and outer cone inside the pillow. Make sure the inner cone is not inverted. The two cones should be nested inside each other.

You might make it fit better if you run some warm water over the pillows before you put them on so they sort of mold themselves to your nose.

Get the free SleepyHead software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
08-23-2014 01:50 AM
me50 Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: resmed S9 VPAP Auto
Mask Make & Model: Wisp and Silicone Head gear
Humidifier: resmed H5i
CPAP Pressure: 18/8
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments:

Sex: Undisclosed

(08-22-2014 10:59 AM)justMongo Wrote:  
(08-22-2014 10:36 AM)PaytonA Wrote:  Guess I will have to stop drying my hair with it then.

From your avatar, I'd say you need to be using a conditioner!Eat-popcorn

or some type of gel. I can remember a product called butch that people used on their hair and I think it was red.
08-23-2014 02:32 AM

Donate to Apnea Board
lac47 Offline

Members

Machine: Philips Respironics REMstar Pro with CFlex DS460P
Mask Make & Model: Mirage FX
Humidifier: Respironics System One Heated Humidifier
CPAP Pressure: 6
CPAP Software: Not using software SleepyHead

Other Comments:

Sex: Female

(08-23-2014 01:50 AM)archangle Wrote:  Is it possible you had Flex or ramp turned on with the old machine and not with the new one?

6 is the pressure, not the flow rate. 6 is really low, it shouldn't be a problem. The machine tries to keep a fixed pressure on the hose and blows however many liters of air is needed to keep the pressure constant.

On the Swift FX, don't over tighten it. The pillows should sort of inflate into your nostrils. Mine fits very loosely, almost just resting on my lip. You might have the wrong size pillows.

Be sure that the pillows aren't upside down. They should be wider at the bottom. There's an inner and and outer cone inside the pillow. Make sure the inner cone is not inverted. The two cones should be nested inside each other.

You might make it fit better if you run some warm water over the pillows before you put them on so they sort of mold themselves to your nose.

I used the ramp feature for about 5 days to get used to everything. It soon felt like I was not getting enough air, so I don't use it.
Flex is set to 1 as it was previously. At first Flex was disabled, but I had dr. call DME to have it turned on. I breathe so much easier now!
This machine definitely has a stronger flow rate, no doubt about it.
I do tighten this mask more now due to usage, but I will try to dampen the pillows first - great idea! Thanks!
08-27-2014 09:31 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Which disturbs sleep most? High Pressure or Changing Pressure Rcgop 7 1,259 11-10-2016 07:37 PM
Last Post: Sleep2Snore
  [Pressure] Adjusting pressure on RESmart CPAP machine garyd86421 5 440 10-20-2016 10:32 AM
Last Post: garyd86421
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 2 6,078 10-12-2016 11:37 AM
Last Post: DariaVader
  Lower max pressure affecting pressure increases Rcgop 9 718 07-17-2016 07:03 PM
Last Post: green wings
  I pressure/E pressure - cause/cure - on CAs Rcgop 1 533 06-17-2016 08:47 PM
Last Post: richb
Thumbsup [Admin Note] Please update your Profile [machine, mask, pressure] SuperSleeper 3 936 06-10-2016 06:05 AM
Last Post: cate1898
Gross treatment pressure higher than the setting pressure debby2242 24 2,002 04-03-2016 01:34 PM
Last Post: sonicboom