Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Air Sense 10 auto for Her vs. regular version
Air Sense 10 auto for Her vs. regular version
I'm still a week away from my titration and 3 weeks away from seeing the Sleep Doctor to get my script for my machine. So, I'll just keep asking questions like this until I actually HAVE something to use.

I know it is a fairly new product, but for those of you who have the Air Sense 10 auto for Her vs. whatever you had before, how are you liking it?

If you previously had a machine with the hose on top, how annoying is it to get used to a hose that comes from the back of the machine? For instance, does it make it harder to access in the middle of the night if you have to get up?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Air Sense 10 auto for Her vs. regular version
I only had a S9 as a loaner for 3 months before the A10 Autoset for Her.

Pros:
-smaller footprint on the night table. Big plus for me. I like my glasses and books and phone, and lamp and clock.
-modem built-in to transmit your data to My Air for causal monitoring if your AHI.
-tank built-in
-algorithm has smaller pressure jumps, which makes sense since most women have smaller lung volume than men. So less waking from pressure.
-algorithm seems to control my apnea and events well.
-controls are intuitive, even when inside the clinician setting. Easy to get into to adjust settings.

Cons:
-modem is built-in. Therefor use airplane mode to turn off if you don't want your data transmitted anywhere.
-24 V, so use on a battery can be problematic (if you go camping, etc.)
-if you don't want to use the humidifier and take it with you when you travel, you need to buy a side plate

Um, hose placement isn't an issue, because you undo the mask or the shorter connection near you. I don't walk around with 6 feet of hose. Except when gardening, and then there is a lot more.

Overall, very well designed machine. Costs $$, but I thank my doc he wrote the scrip for it.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-15-2015, 11:27 AM)Mosquitobait Wrote: I know it is a fairly new product, but for those of you who have the Air Sense 10 auto for Her vs. whatever you had before, how are you liking it?
Previously, the only difference between S9 AutoSet and S9 AutoSet for Her is the color, "for Her" is pinkish and the other one is silver

Also the colors of AirSense 10 AutoSet for Her and AirSense 10 AutoSet are different but there is more it than color difference

AirSense 10 AutoSet for her offer the same two modes (AutoSet and CPAP) as the AirSense 10 AutoSet with the addition of 3rd mode "AutoSet for Her" and the reporting of RERAs in all 3 modes ... make sense to go the "for Her" version

My other machine is the S9 AutoSet, both A10 AutoSet and S9 AutoSet provide excellent treatment with similar results

Earlier on, I had some reservation about the A10 AutoSet but now got over it with a bit tweaking and understanding how the A10 works
If I had to pick one over the other, A10 win by a whisker

Post Reply Post Reply
If your choice is air sense 10 auto set for her or for him (I know there is no such thing as for him), they are both the same price. I can't even figure out why they offer two models. Get the for her.
If you are comparing to the PR System 1 560, then you have some subtle differences including price. You now get to nit pick depending on how you plan to use it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the tips. Given that it is now more than a month out before I will get a machine and mask, I have bought a used Resmed 9 auto, plus new mask and heated tube. My appointments keep getting moved out, which is absolutely aggravating. I dont know why they are dragging their feet. I made it clear that my exhaustion was worsening and my home sitiuation is complicated if I can't drive because I am too tired. At least I can start and will still be able to use this one as a backup later. My titration is still on Friday. Are the techs allowed to tell you what the titration resuLts are? I decided to order the Swift nasal pillows because mask fit with a nasal mask seems to be harder. I don't have a prescription yet, so my options were limited.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-17-2015, 02:28 PM)Mosquitobait Wrote: Thanks for the tips. Given that it is now more than a month out before I will get a machine and mask, I have bought a used Resmed 9 auto, plus new mask and heated tube. My appointments keep getting moved out, which is absolutely aggravating. I dont know why they are dragging their feet. I made it clear that my exhaustion was worsening and my home sitiuation is complicated if I can't drive because I am too tired. At least I can start and will still be able to use this one as a backup later. My titration is still on Friday. Are the techs allowed to tell you what the titration resuLts are? I decided to order the Swift nasal pillows because mask fit with a nasal mask seems to be harder. I don't have a prescription yet, so my options were limited.

The tech at my sleep study was not allowed to tell me anything about my titration, nor the previous night.
Post Reply Post Reply
I bought the Air Sense 10 Auto Set for her as it is the same as the other A10 Auto Set except for the color and the additional setting for women. It also has RERA reporting but some of the Air Sense 10 Auto Sets have this as well as the one for women. The price is the same for both units so I chose to buy the Auto Set for women. I think that the algorithm for women may be less harsh and less likely to wake me up. I will give feed back when I have had a chance to use it for a while. The hose coming off the back of the unit is no problem at all and really shouldn't be a deciding factor whether to buy one or not. It is really quiet and the small size means it fits on my night stand with my clock and lamp.
Post Reply Post Reply
I get my Airsense For Her machine on Monday! Yay! Ran into problems with my used machine and after only a few days, I'm back with the headaches and tiredness and naps every day. This absolutely tells me that if I go somewhere more than one night, I have to schlep the cpap. So it's good to find this out when it isn't absolutely critical, but I'm going to have to drink a lot of coffee to drive to and back for that appointment.
Post Reply Post Reply
My A10 is not the "for her" model and has RERA capabilities. In ResScan it detects it as an A10 auto set with RERA
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-20-2015, 11:50 AM)masbirdies Wrote: My A10 is not the "for her" model and has RERA capabilities. In ResScan it detects it as an A10 auto set with RERA

Yea, some of them have RERA and some don't. Not sure why but it may be due to a newer model having updated firmware.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Regular vs Slimline Hose for Airsense 10 Auto IIII 27 7,724 04-12-2024, 02:13 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  please help me make sense of my central apneas p4ncaketim 34 1,156 04-03-2024, 10:26 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] ResMed Air Sense 10 Auto Off Problem Buddie43 19 26,575 03-05-2024, 10:50 PM
Last Post: Ailyhsaun
  Can someone help me make sense of my Therapy Numbers? kc90 6 419 02-21-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: kc90
  Air Sense 11 - Pressure Setting goblue2024 3 463 01-10-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: dataq1
  Auto BiPAP fixed PS vs Auto PS - pros and cons? Stubert 5 651 01-09-2024, 02:29 AM
Last Post: Stubert
  [Treatment] Three days using Soft Cervical Collar, AHI 6.73, 4.81, 22.28; makes sense? Aldiorg 9 948 11-15-2023, 12:47 PM
Last Post: staceyburke

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.