Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Air Sense 10 cell phone connection lost
Air Sense 10 cell phone connection lost
For the last two nights my Air Sense 10 has lost the cell connection.  The area I am in has good service, 3 bars of LTE.  I have tried to place it in a different spot to no avail.  Any thoughts?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Air Sense 10 cell phone connection lost
How long have you had it? That cellular modem (I believe) requires a fee to be paid to maintain it. It's paid by the DME who supplied it for their use during the compliance period. I do not think it's an eternal feature of the machine.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-15-2017, 06:35 PM)justMongo Wrote: How long have you had it?  That cellular modem (I believe) requires a fee to be paid to maintain it.  It's paid by the DME who supplied it for their use during the compliance period.  I do not think it's an eternal feature of the machine.

That's fine with me. I'd rather not have the DME be able to track what I'm doing or control my CPAP remotely. They changed the settings yesterday and I found out when I turned it on.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Resmed covers it. Try unplugging your machine for 5-10 minutes and plugging it back in again. I'll bet it works again. Mine has iffy service because I'm in a basement. Some days 3 bars, some days none. It always seems to catch up it appears. If this doesn't work and your machine is still in warranty, contact your DME. While you might not care one way or another about the modem working once you are out of compliance, the concern is that it isn't JUST the modem, but something else on the circuit board that could be failing.
Post Reply Post Reply
There is an Airplane mode in the settings if you wish to keep your DME out.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
I recently had an AirSense unit replaced by Apria for a modem that would not or could not communicate.

I followed the power off reset procedure and relocated the machine -- nothing happened. The DME, in this case Apria, called the ResMed communications center and they tried a remote reset to see if they could communicate with the machine. When nothing worked, they issued a ResMed RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) to Apria and I was given a new machine.

However, before surrendering the machine, I had Apria transfer the data from the SD card (which was still capturing data per ResScan and #SleepyHead) to the monitoring center to maintain a continuity of compliance record.

Best of luck.
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply
I called Resmed re: my modem not connecting, they directed me to my dme, Lincare. I was advised by Lincare that the modem is shut off after approx. 18 mos., if you are a Medicare patient.
Post Reply Post Reply
I live in a no cell service area and I am trying to find an area to upload my treatment records to my therapist. Any suggestions?
Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
Give your therapist a copy of your SD card.
One of the problems is that there is no way to manually trigger that.
I'm not sure on a PR but about an hour after you get up is typical.
Post Reply Post Reply
The Dreamstation doesn’t have a modem that I know of, at least not in the Go or Pro models. Instead, it uses Bluetooth to upload data to an app (DreamMapper) on your phone or pc, which in turn uploads it to a cloud server. You can authorize your DME or doc to view the cloud data. There is also a web version.

The app only provides limited data to the patient - total hours, AHI, centrals, obstructives, and hypopneas, with daily bar graphs for AHI and usage. It also reports mask fit, but since it always reports 100% (which isn’t true), that is useless.

The RT told me she can see breath-by-breath data similar to the Oscar data I showed her, but I haven’t seen it.

The upload only occurs when you start the app. I do it daily, but monthly is enough for compliance monitoring.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  please help me make sense of my central apneas p4ncaketim 27 601 8 hours ago
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] Lost weight, no doc, can't get my settings right... japesinjapan 9 276 03-21-2024, 01:52 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  [CPAP] ResMed Air Sense 10 Auto Off Problem Buddie43 19 26,352 03-05-2024, 10:50 PM
Last Post: Ailyhsaun
  Can someone help me make sense of my Therapy Numbers? kc90 6 356 02-21-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: kc90
  Air Sense 11 - Pressure Setting goblue2024 3 426 01-10-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: dataq1
  [Treatment] Three days using Soft Cervical Collar, AHI 6.73, 4.81, 22.28; makes sense? Aldiorg 9 905 11-15-2023, 12:47 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Lost Red Pressure Graph Line ejbpesca 5 368 11-09-2023, 10:01 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.