Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Air Sense humidifier heater malfunction
RE: Air Sense humidifier heater malfunction
Thanks AB:
I intend to establish a baseline with the Hers, and then will try other two.  Didn't see two standard versions. Perhaps I need to set it to Him, and then look for the choices. Thank  you for the suggestion. I'll experiment with all three.

The chip in original machine was full of years of data, so copied all the files into SleepyHead, my currently installed analysis program.  I like to give my primary care a paper, one-year summary at my annual physical.
When I first inserted card, it displayed "I see you are using a new machine." After punching yes, and it created a new profile without erasing data. That is a separate function. Software seems easy to use, if you know which two buttons to hold down to get in to clinical mode :-)

And yes, I intend to keep the old one for travel. Can do fine for some days on road with ambient temperature water in tank. My former travel unit is now being downgraded the next notch  ---  to the dumpster.  Too-funny  

Again, many thanks,
John
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi John,
The Response setting is under the basic Auto mode, as a separate menu item.  The Response setting is not available under the Autoset For Her mode.
A.Becker
PAPing in NE Ohio, with a pack of Cairn terriers
Post Reply Post Reply
I need to replace the thermal fuse on my humidifier. Can’t find anywhere what size the thermal fuse is. Can’t find any information anywhere. Anyone know what size it is?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: thermal fuse.  The rating of the fuse in my unit was not visible, because ink marking was scraped from its surface--probably due to rubbing on holder when inserted?  It should be rated for the max temperature at which it opens, so as not to over heat the humidifier. 
Sorry I can't be of any help.

Does your fuse measure an open circuit when one end is disconnected from the board?
J
Post Reply Post Reply
Only one end had a wire out of it. I bought two of these units 2nd hand. One came with the “heating system fault” error so they just sent me another one. I travel for work every week so 1 unit stays at my house and another stays in my suit cases. Two units have been working for 2 years.  1 unit for parts. The one that travels started showing this error. I took the heating plate out of the back up and the fuse in it doesn’t have any ends on it at all.  So was wanting to just pick up another fuse to see if it works with either one of the units that are down.
Post Reply Post Reply
I now have this heating system error for my aircurve 10 bipap and need to replace the fuse but cannot find anything that tells me what exact fuse that I need to buy. There is no markings on the fuse itself. Anyone have a link or know what fuse I need to get for a Resmed?
Post Reply Post Reply
I now have this heating system error and need to replace the fuse but cannot find anything that tells me what exact fuse that I need to buy. There is no markings on the fuse itself. Anyone have a link or know what fuse I need to get for a Resmed?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  please help me make sense of my central apneas p4ncaketim 23 538 03-24-2024, 06:21 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] ResMed Air Sense 10 Auto Off Problem Buddie43 19 26,327 03-05-2024, 10:50 PM
Last Post: Ailyhsaun
  Humidifier Chamber Leaks - Resmed 10 Old Mike 20 759 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Can someone help me make sense of my Therapy Numbers? kc90 6 352 02-21-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: kc90
  [CPAP] Dry mouth despite humidifier and full face mask Tactful3149 2 446 02-13-2024, 03:25 PM
Last Post: Tactful3149
  AirSense 10 heating & humidifier issue Wingnut Warrior 2 353 02-08-2024, 11:13 PM
Last Post: Wingnut Warrior
  Air Sense 11 - Pressure Setting goblue2024 3 424 01-10-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: dataq1

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.