Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Air Sense humidifier heater malfunction
RE: Air Sense humidifier heater malfunction
Sounds like you are heading towards a replacement unit to get a functional humidifier. if your unit is 6-years old, your are due anyway. Assuming you have some insurance coverage, your supplier seems supportive and I won't argue with the explanation of for-her vs standard Autoset. What's the plan?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The plan has been executed; new unit on its way.
Thanks folks,
John
Post Reply Post Reply
Are you still going to take your old one apart?

Which machine did you choose? The "for her" or the "for anybody "
Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-03-2020, 02:27 PM)johanlon Wrote: Try again with photo, it was too large.

Well, that is one interesting photo.
I didn't even know there was a fuse there.
I would have found it if it stopped working though.

Thanks for the photo.
I am NOT a doctor.  I try to help, but do not take what I say as medical advice.

Every journey, however large or small starts with the first step.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
ResMed makes two versions of the Air Sense 10, one is called "for him" and the other "for her" 

I purchased the "for her" model.

The functional difference is buried in the software. Probably in the ramp rates or what ever. Their cases have different colors. My DME explained the "for her" model contains both software programs, and is normally set to the women's version, but that one can enter the software and change it to the "for him" program. It would seem that ResMed could dispense with the two models; load the complete program in one, and perhaps ship it with two decorative front cover plates.  Would surely save manufacturing and inventory cost!
Thanks,
John
Post Reply Post Reply
Johanian, would you be surprised to learn that every Autoset has the capability to be any machine in the lineup, VPAP-S, Vauto, ST, ST-A and ASV, all with the same hardware but different firmware? Your machine can do the function of any other Resmed 10-series machine with the right firmware flash. Anyway, the difference between the Autoset and Autoset for her is discussed in our wiki http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...Algorithms
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks!  I appreciate the information and the paper citation ... has pdf to download.
John
Post Reply Post Reply
Query about the SD card in the Auto Sense;
I have downloaded the data in my old machine's SD chip to sleepyhead and want to erase it before using in newly arrived model.

is it OK to use the Wind10 delete command to erase the files on the chip? I do not want to re-format chip from Win10, because it is not formatted in the standard manner.

Am concerned that there might be some ResMed files that should not be erased, but doubt it, because they should only contain device specific data such as serial number, software version, and such.

thanks,
John
Post Reply Post Reply
Just found answer to my question.  There is an "erase data" function within clinical settings.
John
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi John,
The A10 machine has 3 treament modes: Autoset/Standard response, Autoset/Soft response, and Autoset For Her.  I recently (May 2020) upgraded to this machine from an S9 Autoset, and after establishing a baseline, I experimented with the other modes.  The reporting thread is here:
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...rapy-Modes
For me, the best mode was Autoset/Soft response, and the difference was not trivial.  It might be worthwhile for you to run similar experiments.

It isn't necessary to delete older data - just create a new profile, and the older data remains available for comparison if you want to look back at something.

I would keep the old machine as a backup - perhaps the humidifier isn't functional, but it is better than nothing if something happens to the new unit.  Also, I would use a separate SD card for each machine.  Others have lost data when moving an SD card to a different machine, which promptly reformatted the card.

Good luck with your new unit.
A.Becker
PAPing in NE Ohio, with a pack of Cairn terriers
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  please help me make sense of my central apneas p4ncaketim 23 536 03-24-2024, 06:21 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] ResMed Air Sense 10 Auto Off Problem Buddie43 19 26,322 03-05-2024, 10:50 PM
Last Post: Ailyhsaun
  Humidifier Chamber Leaks - Resmed 10 Old Mike 20 755 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Can someone help me make sense of my Therapy Numbers? kc90 6 347 02-21-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: kc90
  [CPAP] Dry mouth despite humidifier and full face mask Tactful3149 2 445 02-13-2024, 03:25 PM
Last Post: Tactful3149
  AirSense 10 heating & humidifier issue Wingnut Warrior 2 351 02-08-2024, 11:13 PM
Last Post: Wingnut Warrior
  Air Sense 11 - Pressure Setting goblue2024 3 424 01-10-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: dataq1

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.