Moriarty Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: Respironics REMStar 50 Series Auto
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: Fisher & Pakel Pilairo Q
Humidifier: Respironics System One
CPAP Pressure: 8.5-20 (average 9.4)
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: Image above is my CPAP machine...

Sex: Male

RE: Air blowby (leakage)
(09-09-2014 10:39 PM)sleepyCoder Wrote:  Thanks for the recommendations on masks.

.... Anyone know any words about these? ...

The thing I have noticed with opinions expressed on masks and machines is the every user has an opinion, and every mask/machine has people who love it and people who despise it...

Pretty well every mask will be perfect for someone and terrible for someone else. The same for machines...

In Australia we have a different industry structure where we have to pay for stuff since insurance doesn't cover CPAP. As a result there is a strong incentive for businesses to look after people - the folk I use were happy to rent various masks to me quite cheaply until I found one that suited - and they took the rental off the price.

I really like the original Fisher and Paykel Pilairo and the new version of it - the Pilairo Q. That said - others much prefer the Wisp or the one you mentioned...

Still others can't get a nasal mask to work for them at all....
I started with a hybrid mask (sort of a mouth mask with nasal pillows on the top. I worked well for me until I got my mouth-breathing under control and found the Pilairo worked a treat. I could not go back now.

Anyhow... stick with it and learn all you can from the folk here.. They were a huge help to me.

Disclaimer: The 'Advisory Member' title is a Forum thing that I cannot change. I am not a doctor and my comments are purely my opinion or quote my personal experience. Regardless of my experience other readers mileage may vary.
09-10-2014 05:55 AM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  leakage rate high? nobody102 4 295 09-30-2016 09:25 PM
Last Post: pupcamper
  Leakage graph double line Aussie Paul 5 293 09-10-2016 02:26 AM
Last Post: Aussie Paul
  early morning leakage problems jxyzobrien 1 270 08-17-2016 07:11 AM
Last Post: icyura10
  Leakage? with a mask parrst 15 896 05-15-2016 05:32 PM
Last Post: PaytonA
  [CPAP] Newly Diagnosed With High Leakage LoveToSleep 8 951 11-19-2015 11:01 AM
Last Post: ginzo
Question [Pressure] High leakage rate Donny 10 2,478 07-01-2015 10:58 AM
Last Post: PaytonA
  Would an overnight video help to understand mask leakage? AirSign 14 2,043 06-20-2015 05:57 PM
Last Post: AirSign