Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Self setup and feedback
Self setup and feedback
Hi Everyone,

Last night I began using my wife's old bipap (Aircurve 10) as she has been getting increasingly worried about my snoring and gaps in breathing. She was diagnosed about 7 years ago with severe sleep apnea, roughly 160 events per hour so she wants me to see of this will help before I request a sleep study.

I have historically had terribly sleep hygiene and currently average about 6 hours of semi-restful sleep per night, partially on account of a puppy that wakes up early and my tendencies to stay up late. I am a side sleeper and have tried nasal dilators and various pillow configurations.

She tells me that I do go in phases where there is no snoring or issues and then will either snore or pause between breaths.

Here is the chart from my first night. I did not feel much different in the morning compared to sleeping without it, but I know that it can take time.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Self setup and feedback
It's good that you're trying it, but I'd start with straight cpap mode (if this machine can do that) at 15cmh2o and see if it feels more natural...
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Self setup and feedback
Thanks for the suggestion. Out of curiosity, why do you recommend the CPAP mode when the machine has automatic settings?

A week into my trial and with Auto settings I averaged about 1 to 2 AHI with one outlier night where I had terrible mask leaking.

I changed the sensitivity on the Vauto based on the notes on the Optimizing Therapy page to high from medium and got 0.1 AHI. 

I have requested a sleep study to get a professional assessment, but my wife has noted that I do not snore with the device which is one factor that has improved.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Cool Smallest travel CPAP setup w/ Transcend Micro kotaKat 5 1,915 04-02-2024, 11:44 PM
Last Post: johnbrain
  Tech Nerds-think this battery setup will work for Transcend Micro? johnbrain 10 304 04-02-2024, 11:43 PM
Last Post: johnbrain
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 605 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 285 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  Sleep HQ Chart Feedback RobertGeorge 9 316 03-21-2024, 07:05 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
Thumbsup NEW MEMBER INFO: GET YOUR OWN [secret] CPAP SETUP MANUAL SuperSleeper 1 2,024 02-17-2024, 01:47 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Leaks/Flow Rate Issues - Feedback Greatly Appreciated CavemanDoctor 1 365 01-22-2024, 08:51 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.