Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Complex sleep issues
RE: Complex sleep issues
(02-25-2016, 09:11 PM)woozie38 Wrote:
(02-25-2016, 08:30 PM)doowop44 Wrote: yes, I have complex sleep issues too but CPAP is not the "cure all" for our particular problem.
And yes, I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired all the time.
We may be in the wrong forum for our problem.

I agree with you 100% - tired of being tired, that's the story of my life, & yes, CPAP is not the "cure all" for SDB. IMHO there are many causes of this malaise & i for one wish a treatment that works could be found. However, that said, if it were not for CPAP, I would have left this world long ago & for that at least, I'm grateful. I just completed my 16th year of PAP therapy & I have to say, I'm no better than when I first started. There is simply not enough known about the affliction and doctors, clinic & labs. generally are too busy selling equipment to bother much with us.
Not to mention all the pills that get free from pharma's to push on us. They just want to focus on sleep apnea. Is there a medical doctor anywhere who can address our, being tired all the time?
Post Reply Post Reply
Well, first off, I would like to thank all of you who responded to my first post here. It makes me feel that I am not alone in how I feel.
Since my first post I've added more information about myself.
I was able to use the Sleepyhead program to diagnose the memory card from my resmed Cpap machine.
It seems, that the machine is functioning properly. No leaks, AHI= 0.00 and got 16cmH2O of air. What does this mean? CPAP is not my problem??? It's just me not functioning properly???
I must have some neurological reason for insomnia and not waking up rested every day.
Not sure where to go from here?Huh
Post Reply Post Reply
If your AHI is zero then 16cm may be a bit high for you and you might sleep better if you had it lowered a little.

Also, have you had your oxygen levels checked while on CPAP? I had a nice low AHI on first treatment yet still felt worse, and an overnight oxymetry showed my oxygen was still going below 80% for much of the night even though I was having very few apneas. Oxygen was added in at night and after that I definitely started to improve.

The thing is not to give up, keep pestering your doctor and letting him know how you are doing.

Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

Part cow since February 2018.

Trust your mind less and your brain more.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to remedy issues during lighter sleep period, 3 AM-7 AM rosebladepat 0 85 03-15-2024, 07:45 PM
Last Post: rosebladepat
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 113 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  Airsense 10 Issues cgries2448 0 128 03-09-2024, 03:31 PM
Last Post: cgries2448
  Complex Sleep Apnea? Suggestions? Unkikonki 55 2,819 03-08-2024, 08:35 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  issues during REM sleep... ifsmithy 5 194 03-04-2024, 12:09 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 185 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  After major surgery Issues DANNOGA 5 236 02-26-2024, 03:29 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.