Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Air curve 10 and Sleepyhead software
Air curve 10 and Sleepyhead software
Well I finally got my new bi-level Aircurve 10 V Auto. I have just had it for 2 nights so far and all is going well. I have had sleep apnea for over 15 years and had various machines over the past. Anyway todays question is that when I do my download into sleepyhead software not all parameters are being either downloaded or accessible. The one that I am concerned with is that I cannot see my daily pressure graph in the overview window . All my previous daily bar graphs are there from my air sense 10 that I had as a loaner or my old S9. All the other bar graphs do download just fine it is only the Pressure chart that is not showing the air curve results. Just wondering if this is unable to be fixed until there is an update on sleepyhead or whatever other reason?

Thanks in advance
Steve
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Air curve 10 and Sleepyhead software
I'm not sure when it will be ready for release, but there is a new version 0.9.8-2 undergoing testing. The AirCurve 10 is mentioned in the Change Notes. I'm not sure how many AirCurve problems have been fixed. If you have the capability for compiling a QT5 program for your computer system, you can find the source code through the links at the top of the page. Bear in mind that you will be using possibly buggy code, that nevertheless seems to mostly work.
Post Reply Post Reply
Not sure what QT5 is.. assuming it is some sort of compiler program.. I have a mac.. not sure if it would work on a mac or if that programs free
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-12-2016, 02:35 PM)sleepyOttawaSteve Wrote: Not sure what QT5 is.. assuming it is some sort of compiler program.. I have a mac.. not sure if it would work on a mac or if that programs free

QT5 is version 5 of an open source C++ compiler/development suite. QT (pronounced "cute") allows you to write one piece of code and be able to compile it for multiple O/S platforms. QT has basically 2 versions, the free community open source (LGPL and GPL license) version and the commercial version. Sleepyhead uses the community version. To find their site Google "qt".
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-12-2016, 03:13 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote:
(02-12-2016, 02:35 PM)sleepyOttawaSteve Wrote: Not sure what QT5 is.. assuming it is some sort of compiler program.. I have a mac.. not sure if it would work on a mac or if that programs free

QT5 is version 5 of an open source C++ compiler/development suite. QT (pronounced "cute") allows you to write one piece of code and be able to compile it for multiple O/S platforms. QT has basically 2 versions, the free community open source (LGPL and GPL license) version and the commercial version. Sleepyhead uses the community version. To find their site Google "qt".

OTOH, if you don't already know what QT5 is, you may not want to get everything set up to compile SleepyHead on your own Smile I mentioned it on the off chance that you might be a programmer person. Unsure
Post Reply Post Reply
I guess it is not already compiled and ready to use
Post Reply Post Reply
took a peak at the link page... looks way beyond me lol
I will wait patiently for the new version to be released
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-12-2016, 04:17 PM)sleepyOttawaSteve Wrote: took a peak at the link page... looks way beyond me lol
I will wait patiently for the new version to be released

There is a Mac compiled version on the SleepyHead download page that will provide some information from the Aircurve. Based on seeing screenshots of Aircurve user's data, some information will be "out in left field" but there is a lot of data that will be displayed correctly. The worst thing that can happen is your SleepyHead data will look like Sanskrit. You won't damage anything by trying to look at it.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I do have the 0..9.8.1 open GL version already.. I can see most everything except the one graph with the pressure settings
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-12-2016, 01:04 PM)sleepyOttawaSteve Wrote: Well I finally got my new bi-level Aircurve 10 V Auto. I have just had it for 2 nights so far and all is going well. I have had sleep apnea for over 15 years and had various machines over the past. Anyway todays question is that when I do my download into sleepyhead software not all parameters are being either downloaded or accessible. The one that I am concerned with is that I cannot see my daily pressure graph in the overview window . All my previous daily bar graphs are there from my air sense 10 that I had as a loaner or my old S9. All the other bar graphs do download just fine it is only the Pressure chart that is not showing the air curve results. Just wondering if this is unable to be fixed until there is an update on sleepyhead or whatever other reason?

Thanks in advance
Steve

A10 Vauto displays a wealth of info but you have to turn on the display.

go into clinical mode by pressing both home/round button down for a few seconds

second line down is mode: options will be .. Cpap .. S .. Vauto

scroll all the way down to options: switch essentials to plus. this will display a slew of info without going into clinical mode.

press home, then exit clinical mode. then scroll to sleep reports: all sorts of critical info is now displayed.

Aircurve 10 Vauto will auto titrate pressure settings in Vauto mode. but note it only auto titrates max ipap only. min ipap is determined by PS setting. for example Vauto determines 11.8 ipap or what ever is needed, with default PS setting of 4 .. you would get 11.8 ipap with 7.8 epap

PS controls pressure difference between ipap/epap.

another recommended tweak is to change Ti max settings. default is 2.0 seconds .. take a split second stop watch and time your max breathing cycles. this will reveal your baseline. then with default 2.0 seconds setting .. breath normally during rampup and observe if your breathing cycle length matches airflow coming out. you want to set Ti max to match your breathing cycle length.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Should I Buy It..Air Curve 10 VAuto WW4B 2 207 02-24-2024, 03:35 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  ReMed Airsense software/firmware Ralph436 22 1,081 01-23-2024, 11:55 AM
Last Post: george1945
  Contec CMS50E Pulse Oximeter Software John7 0 368 11-12-2023, 09:18 AM
Last Post: John7
  [Equipment] Which 24 Hr Oximeter to buy & PC/Tablet compatible software EasySleep 0 332 11-08-2023, 08:26 AM
Last Post: EasySleep
  Flow curve shape - what does it say? pezhead99 17 1,281 10-20-2023, 04:38 PM
Last Post: pezhead99
  Lowenstein Software shawsg 2 574 09-27-2023, 12:10 PM
Last Post: shawsg
  AirSense 11 Stopped Transmitting ?Related to Software Update? YankeeLaker 57 7,019 08-19-2023, 09:54 AM
Last Post: jijididit

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.