Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Air filters for AirSense 10 - will most of them on Amazon, etc. work?
RE: Air filters for AirSense 10 - will most of them on Amazon, etc. work?
(08-26-2019, 09:49 AM)crowtor Wrote: I'm confused as to which filter this conversation is about.

According to the OP, they are inquiring about the standard filter.

(08-25-2019, 05:06 PM)UncollapseMeThroat Wrote: We don't need the super-duper allergy type of filters, just regular ones will do.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-26-2019, 01:32 AM)crowtor Wrote:
(08-25-2019, 06:16 PM)Big Guy Wrote: I reuse mine. They are quite durable and reusable. Most DME suppliers won't tell you that. My respiratory therapist did though. 

Mine are sent to me automatically by my DME supplier. I have plenty on hand, but I'm still using the one original to my machine, which will be one year old in early September. 

All it takes is a little tap water, a drop of liquid soap, and a quick finger massage. A paper towel will dry them almost instantly. Don't wad them up or twist them when cleaning. Lay them flat on a paper towel and pat dry. 

I know they're cheap to replace, but no need to if you don't have to. They come out clean as can be when washed properly.

Just because they're no longer dark color doesn't mean they're 'clean'.

The filter has never been discolored in the first place. When I wash it in hot water with anti-bacterial soap, I'm very sure it's clean. 

I've heard of some actually turning color. Not sure what that's all about.  Dont-know I suppose if the machine rests on a floor or in an area that is exposed to dust, it could happen. That's not the case in my situation.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-26-2019, 10:51 AM)Big Guy Wrote: I've heard of some actually turning color. Not sure what that's all about.  Dont-know I suppose if the machine rests on a floor or in an area that is exposed to dust, it could happen. That's not the case in my situation.

Re: the above
The DreamStation comes with a rough filter, plus a micro-filter that snaps onto the rough filter. The rough filter is similar material to what the ResMed Airsense 10 Autoset uses.  I've only ever seen the DreamStation rough filter be discolored (yellowish) once or twice in the 2.5 years I've been on CPAP.  On the other hand, the micro filter turns gray due to the dirty air - sometimes faster than other times, depending on how dirty the air is where I'm at.

Re: the OP
I have bought the filters for my ResMed Airsense 10 Autoset from Amazon.  I realized the ones I bought are generic. But I have so many of them (it was a large pack, and I only use my ResMed when I travel), I can't justify buying more just to get the name brand ones. 

So I'm not sure what the difference is between the name brand and the generic ResMed filters. But next time I buy them, I'll look for the name brand ones to see if they're any better.

In my opinion, the filter for ResMed could use an add-on micro-filter like the DreamStation uses.  I like seeing the grayness... and throwing it away, and replacing it with a fresh new clean one.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-26-2019, 09:52 PM)Hydrangea Wrote: I like seeing the grayness... and throwing it away, and replacing it with a fresh new clean one.

Likewise. like 

I've also recently started using the "52 pack" generic filters from Amazon or eBay, I can't remember which, and they've been perfectly fine. Saved a bundle, too. Grin
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tech Nerds-think this battery setup will work for Transcend Micro? johnbrain 10 300 04-02-2024, 11:43 PM
Last Post: johnbrain
  Resmed AS10 vs AS11. Are hoses/filters interchangable? plpauly 2 155 03-26-2024, 08:30 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  [Equipment] Should I turn on the AB Filter option on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters? cLoo 10 993 03-22-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Lowenstein Prisma 20A - how can I work out energy usage for camping? JamesD0079 4 703 02-15-2024, 04:16 PM
Last Post: JamesD0079
  Need Input on AirSense 10 vs AirSense 11 b4 Ordering New CPAP mdmarmd 13 2,338 01-14-2024, 04:11 PM
Last Post: scowell
  [Equipment] Cleaning filters bookwyrmtoo 2 409 12-20-2023, 09:45 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [CPAP] Airsense 11 filters mmrams13 32 9,605 09-06-2023, 05:21 PM
Last Post: turbo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.