Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Air fit P10 are you getting n extra 40 minutes
Air fit P10 are you getting n extra 40 minutes
I just got a p10, sadly something is waking me up around 3 am every morning this week.

I was using a swift FX and just switched to a p10.

Resmed claims that the P10 will get you an average of 40 minute more sleep, what is your eperience with the p10?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Air fit P10 are you getting n extra 40 minutes
Sad to say, I gave mine the best shot at pleasing me and it failed miserably. I returned it and went back to my Quattro Mirage FFM. I had such high hopes but it just wasn't for me. I couldn't breathe through my nose well enough I suppose. I also had to use a chin strap to keep my mouth from opening and losing pressure during the night (that'll wake you for sure).

Perhaps try it with a chin strap if you haven't. It's such a nice little item if you can get it to work. Have you looked at the ResScan to see what the leaks (and other data) were at the time you were awakened? Could be a clue there.

Good luck. Stick around for other opinions.
Post Reply Post Reply
Try to figure out what it is that is waking you up and we can go from there.

I have a P10 and I love it as much as I love SurferDude2, which is to say I really like it Big Grin

Hey SD sorry to hear it didn't work out for you.
If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-26-2014, 09:55 PM)Galactus Wrote: Hey SD sorry to hear it didn't work out for you.

Yeah, I was really hoping for it to work. I tried all the three sizes of cones...no dice. Even when I got it leak free with a tight enough chin strap, I got so many AHI events it looked like a forest. Even with all that, I would have stuck with it and worked to get the events down but what was really causing me major pain was the Eustachian tube (sometimes both ears) flow that sounded like a jet taking off inside my head.

BTW Hoser, be sure to try the large pillow. It worked best for me.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi hoser,
I like the P10, I don't know that I'm getting an extra 40 minutes of sleep or not, but, because I don't have to fool with the P10, as much as I have other masks, my sleep is probably better quality.
A couple things to try: you could try a chinstrap if you haven't already done that. Some find that they have to use a bigger pillow than they think they need.
I, (for example,) use a medium instead of an extra small or a small. The next time I order supplies, I'm going to try a large and see how that works for me. Of course, YMMV.
I hope this helps and that it makes sense to you.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
The only difference between the P10 and the Swift fx for me was the diffused air (or lack of noticeable air) and the headgear. Don't think I got any more minutes though?
Do you have gremlins? Other than that I don't know what's waking you up. I do enjoy the pillows though so I hope you can figure it out.
Good Luck!

Doc J (despite my nickname I am not a doctor)

Remember to donate to the board if you can, it has helped a lot of people including myself.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-26-2014, 10:08 PM)surferdude2 Wrote:
(09-26-2014, 09:55 PM)Galactus Wrote: Hey SD sorry to hear it didn't work out for you.

Yeah, I was really hoping for it to work. I tried all the three sizes of cones...no dice. Even when I got it leak free with a tight enough chin strap, I got so many AHI events it looked like a forest. Even with all that, I would have stuck with it and worked to get the events down but what was really causing me major pain was the Eustachian tube (sometimes both ears) flow that sounded like a jet taking off inside my head.

BTW Hoser, be sure to try the large pillow. It worked best for me.

Sorry to hear that, I wish it would have made things better for you like it did for me. I know you ordered it because of all of us talking about it. Sorry to hear that indeed. We all know though that this is the reason there are so many masks out there because no two people are alike.
If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-26-2014, 09:38 PM)hoser Wrote: I just got a p10, sadly something is waking me up around 3 am every morning this week.

I was using a swift FX and just switched to a p10.

Resmed claims that the P10 will get you an average of 40 minute more sleep, what is your eperience with the p10?

I'm not sure what Resmed would base the assumption that the P10 will give you an extra 40 minutes of sleep, unless they figure it's so hard to get other masks working right, with a P10 you'd already be asleep.

Yeah, I know... B.S. for sure........... Stop with the twitter feeds now.

But so far as waking up at 3:00 am is concerned, is that actually a problem? If you are getting good quality deep aka REM sleep it's supposed to be that the primitive you wakes up and looks around your cave to make sure all is well, then goes back to sleep.

So do you simply wake up, roll around, maybe take a short stroll down the hall, and go back to sleep? Or is there a problem? Are you waking up and staying up? That would be inconvenient. It also would indicate some sort of issue perhaps. Like stress?

I usually wake up a few times over the course of the night. I like that actually, as it gives me a chance to regroup with the covers, stretch out a little, and go back to sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am the biggest pusher of the P10 around.

For me it is darn close to perfect, and it is ALMOST the exception to the rule that no mask is for everyone.

BUT there are no true exceptions to that rule so if it really doesn't work for you then it doesn't.

For me, I fall asleep almost instantly most nights*, much better than pre-cpap even, and sleep through the night much more often (largely due to not getting up for the bathroom or waking for sinus or throat dryness.)

So yes, I do get more sleep with the P10 than without.

I would actually wear it even were there no long term health benefits and I generally don't need it for 'next day' lack of good sleep symptoms.

Just sleeping better with it is worth the trouble of wearing it. I actively like being able to pull the covers all the way over my head and breath easily.
Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

"We can all breathe together or we will all suffocate alone."
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Surprised 20 minutes recorded for full night's sleep Deborah K. 10 593 01-06-2024, 07:14 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Extra Supplies Columbiabill 2 389 12-28-2023, 03:15 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  waking up every 15 minutes and heart shedu1337 11 888 12-26-2023, 06:38 AM
Last Post: shedu1337
  Extra Humidifier Water in Arid Climates DFWdude 19 2,159 12-13-2023, 08:23 AM
Last Post: car54
  Waking Up After ~90 Minutes with Strange Head Sensation MickTravis 3 774 01-20-2023, 10:49 PM
Last Post: ewriter
  Seven OAs in under 4 minutes while awake dkemp234 3 506 11-14-2022, 01:38 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Strange "rollercoasters" in flow rate every few minutes. Any ideas? sleepy331 2 608 08-10-2021, 08:04 AM
Last Post: Gideon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.