Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Air fit p10 alternatives or maintenance
Air fit p10 alternatives or maintenance
I'm currently using the airfit p10, however, I suspect the mesh ventilation ports may not ventilate too well and I believe my total leak rate is actually getting lower with time. I believe this may be affecting my sleep quality. I believe proper ventilation ensures fresh air is taken in and makes breathing easier. Raising the minimum pressure from 4 to 6 seems to have helped a bit with the feeling of getting fresh air in. I've also tried wearing the mask very loose to create leaks on purpose, this made the air feel fresher, but the mask actually fits extremely well and appears to not want to be loose and it is the most quiet when it is not loose.

For airfit p10 users, how often do you need to clean the mesh ventilation ports and how do you go about cleaning them?

Also, are there any alternatives to the airfit p10 I might be interested in? I like the fit of the p10, I'm just not sure about the mesh ventilation ports.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Air fit p10 alternatives or maintenance
The vents are in a circular ring that diffuses the air to make it more silent.
The vents should be cleaned frequently; and a soft brush like a tooth brush should be used.
Keep the water luke-warm. It seems that water that is too hot may deform the vent slots and prevent to P10 from properly venting.

The P10 has many fans. It does seem to have this vent weakness. Venting prevents re-breathing expelled CO2.
A mask that does not properly vent should not be used.

Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-25-2016, 04:50 AM)justMongo Wrote: The vents are in a circular ring that diffuses the air to make it more silent.
The vents should be cleaned frequently; and a soft brush like a tooth brush should be used.
Keep the water luke-warm. It seems that water that is too hot may deform the vent slots and prevent to P10 from properly venting.

The P10 has many fans. It does seem to have this vent weakness. Venting prevents re-breathing expelled CO2.
A mask that does not properly vent should not be used.

I would never have believed this was a mask I could use but lo and behold after a friend recommended it to me I gave it a try and to my surprise it was the easiest mask I was ever able to adapt to. Although I have had the occasional problem with irritation in one nostril which is easily handled with the use of a nasal lubricant now, I find this mask to provide me with the most natural sleep of any mask I have tried. As for the venting, I have been using my P10 for a little over 2 months and clean the pillows with a baby wipe every day and wash in soap and water every week but I have never done anything but brush out the vents every morning with a toothbrush. I am not really sure why they would need to be washed at all so I decided to go this route and see where it leads. To me using soap and water on this fine a mesh would seem to be a recipe for unwanted buildup of grime and blockage so until someone can offer me a good reason to do otherwise I will continue down this path for now. My only problem with this mask in general is the marks it leaves on my face from the frame. I have ordered pads from the FX Swift to see if they may work with the P10 as well as they look to be relatively small. I have tried other straps and they do work but I find them a bit bulky so heres hoping for success with that. That is kind of off topic and I apologise for that but if anyone has tried these particular straps I would be interested in their feedback by PM. I will be watching for more feedback on the venting which I find in general to be very quiet and by far the best of any mask I have ever tried and I have tried many.

Post Reply Post Reply
^ Another P10 fan. The P10 has cult status.

There is no doubt that treated right, it's a great mask.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
I use the Nuance. It is small, does not go into the nostrils very far, and the hose pivots. Oh, and the headgear is modern and not just a flat piece of material. You know, modern and not going backward to the Dark Ages of CPAP masks.

PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
I am confused, I thought the P10 was a nasal pillow and the F10 was a FFM?? I am new and learning, are both called masks?
Post Reply Post Reply
I think I may switch to the swift fx. From what I understand it is extremely similar to the air fit p10 but doesn't have a mesh diffuser and has an adjustable head strap. I'll probably use the adjustable head strap to achieve a looser fit than the p10.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-25-2016, 01:08 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: I use the Nuance. It is small, does not go into the nostrils very far, and the hose pivots. Oh, and the headgear is modern and not just a flat piece of material. You know, modern and not going backward to the Dark Ages of CPAP masks.

The nuance does not use a mesh diffuser right?
Post Reply Post Reply
I used to use the Swift Fx, and now use the P10. I *love* the diffused vents! I never brush mine out and I soak it once a week in barely soapy vinegar water. I have several of them now, and only one ever had an issue with the venting. That one, I snorted into it until it opened up (when it was new) and it has never been an issue since.

The undiffused vents blow a jetstream everywhere! hate that! do not think I could tolerate cpap if I had not managed to get rid of it. YMMV.
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-25-2016, 03:27 PM)rx77310 Wrote:
(03-25-2016, 01:08 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: I use the Nuance. It is small, does not go into the nostrils very far, and the hose pivots. Oh, and the headgear is modern and not just a flat piece of material. You know, modern and not going backward to the Dark Ages of CPAP masks.

The nuance does not use a mesh diffuser right?

That is correct. It is still a relatively quiet mask. I am weird in that I prefer comfortable headgear and a nose without tender spots over a super quiet vent.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CPAP compressed air path design, foam, filtration & maintenance MaNoise 10 227 03-25-2024, 11:07 AM
Last Post: MaNoise
  Inspire and CPAP Alternatives and Updates Comfortcomposites 7 931 12-11-2023, 11:03 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  [Equipment] Alternatives to Vitacom and Contec for Overnight Oximeter Giantmushroom 2 513 10-22-2023, 03:16 PM
Last Post: Giantmushroom
  DreamMapper alternatives xaid 3 703 06-10-2023, 04:23 PM
Last Post: upsman
  AirFit F30 current user, looking for alternatives KSMatthew 21 4,213 07-23-2022, 08:25 AM
Last Post: KSMatthew
  Buying new machine; maintenance tips please? Benzi 7 1,153 06-29-2022, 10:34 AM
Last Post: YipeekiOH
  Mask Strap Maintenance Jeremy H 7 795 11-08-2021, 04:35 PM
Last Post: Big Guy

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.