Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Air fit p10 alternatives or maintenance
RE: Air fit p10 alternatives or maintenance
(03-25-2016, 01:39 PM)FrankNichols Wrote: I am confused, I thought the P10 was a nasal pillow and the F10 was a FFM?? I am new and learning, are both called masks?
Hi FrankNichols,
You’re right, the P10 is pillows and the F10 is a full-face mask, but we refer to all of them as masks. Hope this clears up the confusion just a bit.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-25-2016, 03:55 PM)trish6hundred Wrote:
(03-25-2016, 01:39 PM)FrankNichols Wrote: I am confused, I thought the P10 was a nasal pillow and the F10 was a FFM?? I am new and learning, are both called masks?
Hi FrankNichols,
You’re right, the P10 is pillows and the F10 is a full-face mask, but we refer to all of them as masks. Hope this clears up the confusion just a bit.

Thank you!
Post Reply Post Reply

You are correct. The P10 is a nasal pillow mask and the F10 is a full face mask. The N10 is a nasal mask. The Nuance is a nasal pillow mask and the Simplus is a full face mask. The Amara View is a hybrid mask (part nasal pillow, part full face mask).

All are considered "masks" as are all others in the same categories.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-25-2016, 03:58 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote:

You are correct. The P10 is a nasal pillow mask and the F10 is a full face mask. The N10 is a nasal mask. The Nuance is a nasal pillow mask and the Simplus is a full face mask. The Amara View is a hybrid mask (part nasal pillow, part full face mask).

All are considered "masks" as are all others in the same categories.

Thank you, I figured the nasal masks and full face masks were called masks, I guess I was just thinking the pillows would be called that. It will all make sense someday Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-25-2016, 04:50 AM)justMongo Wrote: The vents are in a circular ring that diffuses the air to make it more silent.
The vents should be cleaned frequently; and a soft brush like a tooth brush should be used.

the vent on the p10 is a large plastic mesh on either side of the hose connection, not a ring.

resmed recommends hot soapy water and a toothbrush to keep the mesh clean. there's a video from them on youtube about cleaning, or check the manual.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-25-2016, 04:05 PM)palerider Wrote: the vent on the p10 is a large plastic mesh on either side of the hose connection, not a ring.

You are correct, Sir.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
A point that might come up when scrubbing that fine mesh with 'soapy water'. If you are in a hard water area (like I am), and you use real soap (like Ivory), you will get scum in the water and probably on the mesh. And the wash bowl, and... I would recommend using a mild hand or dish detergent rather than soap.
Post Reply Post Reply
I wash the mesh once a week with dawn dish liquid. Use a soft "baby" toothbrush to scrub the mesh, then rinse, rinse, rinse.... Then I do a final rinse with distilled water.
Shake it like crazy and let dry. Looks like new, and never have problems. Smile
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have been using it for over 2 years now and adjusted well.  What is missing is - maintenance supplies only provide 1 filter mesh.  
The pillows come with multiple sizes ...why?  Paying for 3 and i only use one.
There is no cleaning system for this system and you have to clean it.  Clean everything but the tubes are not easy to clean.
I had a recurrent bronchitis...stopped using the cpap and it cleared, now washing it frequently but takes time
If someone finds a cleaning system for this model, please post it
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-30-2018, 08:27 AM)Rockyrockon Wrote: I have been using it for over 2 years now and adjusted well.  What is missing is - maintenance supplies only provide 1 filter mesh.  
The pillows come with multiple sizes ...why?  Paying for 3 and i only use one.
There is no cleaning system for this system and you have to clean it.  Clean everything but the tubes are not easy to clean.
I had a recurrent bronchitis...stopped using the cpap and it cleared, now washing it frequently but takes time
If someone finds a cleaning system for this model, please post it

You’ve touched on a few different issues, so I’ll start at the beginning.

Maintenance supplies (if you have insurance) should be every three to six months by your DME/Supplier.
If you purchased this machine out of pocket and did not use insurance, then it is up to you.  You can order supplies at a reasonable cost from Amazon.  Filters for your machine should be replaced monthly.

Most mask kits are sold with three different size cushions.  Alot of folks never know what size they need or may decide to change sizes at some point.

You need to adhere to a regular cleaning routine.  The humidifier chamber (as long as you are using distilled water) can be cleaned weekly with dawn liquid and rinsed well.  You can receive a replacement chamber every six months.

Hoses are not that hard to clean.  I use dawn soap and hot water.  Swish back and forth a few times, rinse well and hang to dry.  You should receive a replacement hose depending on insurance every three to six months.  Try to get a backup hose, so while one is drying, you can switch.

As far as your machine, there are a couple “expensive” cleaning systems out there, like So Clean, but haven’t been found to clean that well.

There is no real shortcut to cleaning and maintaining your equipment.  You just have to do it.  
I usually pick the first of every month to change filters, clean hoses, humidifier chamber, wash mask, dust off machine.

Check with your supplier and insurance and start to get replacement supplies.

I’m glad you have adapted well and Welcome to Apnea Board!
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sleep Maintenance Insomnia alienfrontier 0 105 04-03-2024, 07:58 AM
Last Post: alienfrontier
  AirFit F30 current user, looking for alternatives KSMatthew 22 4,471 03-28-2024, 11:23 PM
Last Post: Lanners
  CPAP compressed air path design, foam, filtration & maintenance MaNoise 10 320 03-25-2024, 11:07 AM
Last Post: MaNoise
  Inspire and CPAP Alternatives and Updates Comfortcomposites 7 981 12-11-2023, 11:03 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  [Equipment] Alternatives to Vitacom and Contec for Overnight Oximeter Giantmushroom 2 534 10-22-2023, 03:16 PM
Last Post: Giantmushroom
  Buying new machine; maintenance tips please? Benzi 7 1,159 06-29-2022, 10:34 AM
Last Post: YipeekiOH
  Mask Strap Maintenance Jeremy H 7 810 11-08-2021, 04:35 PM
Last Post: Big Guy

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.