Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Air flow limitation
Air flow limitation
I would like to understand my airsense 10 flow limitation graphs.  What do they mean?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Air flow limitation
Flow limitation is an obstruction of your airway. It's the same as a hypopnea or obstructive event just not as long or severe. Once a flow limitation reaches 50 percent obstruction and lasts 10 seconds or longer it becomes a hypopnea event. Once the obstruction reaches 80 percent and lasts 10 seconds or longer it becomes a obstructive event.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
A good article here https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4688581/

Your Resmed machine measures "relative" flow limitation and charts it on a scale of 0 to 1 with higher being a greater flow limitation. This method is prone to error because if all inspiration is flow-limited, it may not show up on the chart, because it is relative to the baseline established over several preceding minutes (I don't recall the time interval Resmed uses to establish baseline flow). It is important to examine the flow rate graph to detect flattening or even downward descending flow rate during inspiration. There are several good sections of the Beginners Guide to Sleepyhead wiki that discuss flow limitation and interpreting these graphs in detail.
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ailed_look
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...imitations
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I do not have sleepyhead software. - only thye airsense resmed software.  I coul load the dame data into sleepyhead to get the different view on flow limits you describe?
Post Reply Post Reply
The Resmed software called ResScan doesn't display flow rate graph chart. I just checked and they have chart for a lot of things but that's not one of them. Good reason to pickup a SD card for the machine and download Sleepyhead. It's a much better program and you can get it on the link below.
Download SleepyHead
Posting Charts
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
resscan v.5.7 has flow and flow limitation graphs under the detailed graphs tab
Post Reply Post Reply
sheepless, I found the flow limitations but couldn't find the flow. What's it labeled as?
Download SleepyHead
Posting Charts
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
flow. I wasn't able to copy an illustration from the pdf resscan clinicians manual p.25 and I don't remember how to screenshot from resscan so no pic but it's there.
Post Reply Post Reply
[attachment=8246]
Post Reply Post Reply
I see the the Flow limitation chart but not the flow chart.
Download SleepyHead
Posting Charts
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Flow rate kink at end of exhalation ahuman 7 100 11 hours ago
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Awoken by air flow? ReclaimingMySleep 8 264 Yesterday, 02:18 PM
Last Post: ReclaimingMySleep
  [CPAP] Adjusting for flow limitations jane2911 10 315 03-25-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: jane2911
  [Equipment] HELP - BIPAP-ST Restricting Inhalation/Exhalation Air Flow / Tidal Volume PAPPER101 3 113 03-24-2024, 09:29 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  flow limitations acceptable levels yankees123 27 1,614 03-23-2024, 02:41 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  OSCAR flow rate assessment -- mouth leaks, palatal prolapse? manders513 9 241 03-22-2024, 06:16 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  Fixed mask leak, but flow limit seems to be increasing AHI emile.leplattenier 3 145 03-19-2024, 11:00 AM
Last Post: staceyburke

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.